Sign in with
Your question

Please help me with boot sequence.

Last response: in Storage
August 9, 2010 3:28:03 AM

Hey guys. I need help with my boot sequence. I got a Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter error. What is my boot sequence, And I am in the bios, but cant find a place to change the settings.

More about : boot sequence

August 9, 2010 3:55:30 AM

The MB or system manual BIOS section should have instructions. Basically set the hard drive with the OS installed as the primary hard drive /boot device. Setting that hard drive as the 'first' boot device will cause the system to boot a little faster also.
m
l
a b G Storage
August 9, 2010 4:03:49 AM

BIOSs differ, but if you are on the opening screen navigating instructions should be at the bottom, and a menu of options on the left. Select one (arrow keys), hit enter, and a new screen appears. The screen you want may be labelled "Advanced BIOS features" or similar.

However, it sounds like you have a disk failure/corruption or mobo failure and are trying to boot from another device (eg DVD). IIRC, the message you are getting means it could not find a bootable on any of the devices in its list, so you may also have to add a missing boot device. The option to do that would be on the same page.
m
l
Related resources
!