Sign in with
Your question

CPU-Z wrong?

Last response: in CPUs
April 30, 2009 11:58:07 PM

I running a phenom 720 on an XFX 750a and CPU-z is showing a phenom 940 running 3 cores at 1.6Ghz with an 8x multiplier. Nvidia control panel shows the correct processor and speed.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

More about : cpu wrong

May 1, 2009 12:40:24 AM

Which version of CPU-z do you have? I think there is a newer version, the 1.5.1 edition. Try that.
May 1, 2009 3:47:15 AM

stuff is wrong all the time
research your program and what your running - then compare. its all relative. programs like cpuz just read data given off by mobos. cpu's or gpu's and it often is wrong.

they are great tools when used properly but free programs can not be expected to give you the correct answer
Related resources
May 1, 2009 4:38:02 AM

Go into your BIOS and make sure you have Cool & Quiet Disabled. It downclocks your CPU to save power, and reduce Heat
May 1, 2009 4:51:29 AM

This is the newest version of CPU-z. If I had cool n quiet on I could watch the multiplier adjust for load, but it's staying at 8x.

This is the first time I've had a problem with it. I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar issue with it.

XFX just released the new bios to work with the new phenom processor. I think that might have something to do with it.
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2009 12:52:46 PM

BIOS update sounds like the way forward!
May 2, 2009 4:00:55 AM

Cpu-z was right! My multiplier was set in Hex in the bios. I seem to have it set properly now.

!