rraannddoo

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
Before i had posted why my computer freezes......then it's fixed for now (change ram's voltage to 2.1v) i think, but now this is even odder then freezing. now my computer is freezing with funny big pixel distorted color...... like big chunk of yellow, purple,pink, or some other colour everywhere o.0
I dont know what is wrong =/
My specs
Vista 64Bit
CPU: Q6700
MB: Asus P5Q
Rams: Cosair Dominater 2x 2gb
GC: 9800GTX+
GPU: Cosair 650W

Temperature is around 20C~30C

This happen only on Counter Strike Source o.0 then i have to force restart, usually after i force it restart nothing happens...but this time it freezes and distorted me when i started my desktop. Rest of the games way higher graphic like Fallout 3, Grid, and more did not freeze and distort. Also, rare occasion of the computer restarting itself

matm1234

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
K so bud maybe ur game needs a patch.. But that wouldnt explain desktop crashes/weird dots and stuf. To be honest it does sound like ur video card might be on the frits. i would try getting someone to loan u one and just see if that fixes it. Also If the ram somewut fixed the problem you might wanna look at replacing some of the ram all together <<i really doubt thats it but maybe u need to find a more stable Frequency and voltage. Also id like to kno ur cpu cooler. Because if that cpu gets to hot and maybe the cooler isnt sitting flat and doing its job u can experience a whole bundle of things.

rraannddoo

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2009
maybe its my graphic card but im not sure, it can run fallout 3 for 5 hour or more and it doesnt freeze and pixel on me . However there was some occassion where the game lagged ( super slow or chopy rates) but that is rarely occurs i only to restart the game to fix it. Well the ram is 5-5-5-15 which is the same as the default, what i dont get in the biosis when i look at it say 5-5-5-18- some other number. After i hit manual and try to manual chabge the 18 to 15 tge bios option shows it on 15. The cooler is a masscool brand , you find it on tiger direct(yes first time buying and will be my last) 38.99 one which is pretty big. The computer temp is pretty low like each core 27-35c, mb 30c and the rest is low.

matm1234

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
k so i guess its not the cpu.. Id try the ram then.. Maybe wut you should do as much as this will cripple the system for a bit is try taking out any 1 2gb memory stick running for a bit see if theres any bsod or game problems if so put that one back in take out the other.. If not u better get someone better then me to answer the question cause im not too sure.