Can windows xp be installed on a machine that has windows 7

lvetolaugh

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2011
Hello, I bought the e machine that has windows 7 and i can't play pogo games with it. I want o know if i can remove windows 7 and have windows xp installed instead so i can play my games.

ulillillia

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
Windows XP may be installed on a Windows 7 system - you'll need either a second hard drive or a separate partition for this though. Check hardware compatibility first. You may need to download the drivers for your hardware in order to use them though this I'm not entirely sure of.

The OP asked about removing win7 and installing XP, not dual-booting. OP, that is fairly simple, but you will lose all programs currently installed on your PC and have to re-install them. You must back up all of your data first.

You also need a valid XP DVD (or did it fit on CD back then). The way to do what you originally described is to erase your whole system drive and install XP on the blank drive, assuming that you have an optical drive.

It's a pretty drastic thing to do to your new system. Run through the options above first.