Accessing PPC music files on descktop WMP

August 6, 2004 5:37:27 PM

I have read alot about how a Desktop version of
WindowsMedia player9 can copy music ONTO a pocketpc for
playback on the PPC, but I would like to know how I can
play my PocketPc music files and playlist on a desktop PC
without manually having to transfer all the files or
having to sync them every time I want to do soo(I have
about 200mgs of music stored on my SD card(IPAQ 5455,
PPC2003)- I want to be able to access this from a desktop
computer running Win 2000 and WMP9 after I create an
Activesync connection with the PPC..

On my desktop computer, i can see the files when using
the "Copy to CD or Device" option from WMP on the desktop,
and when doing a music seach of all drives, it shows them
as available on my desktop computer, but if I try to play
them I get an error(saying file cannot be found)

It seems to me this is a basic thing people would want to
do, but info on this particular scenario is scarce.

Please help.

Thanks,
Michael
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 4:42:48 PM

The simplest ways are always the best :

Take a lead from the headphone out of your PPC, to the mic or line-in
of your PC. Adjust the mixer properties and volume on the PC. Press
play on the PPC. Listen with cold beer and sunshine.

An alternative might be to place your memory card in a memory card
reader (about $15), and it'll appear as a removable disk with your
200M of files on it, but other than that everything will work as
normal.

Cheers - Neil

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 13:37:27 -0700, "Michael H"

>I have read alot about how a Desktop version of
>WindowsMedia player9 can copy music ONTO a pocketpc for
>playback on the PPC, but I would like to know how I can
>play my PocketPc music files and playlist on a desktop PC
>without manually having to transfer all the files or
>having to sync them every time I want to do soo(I have
>about 200mgs of music stored on my SD card(IPAQ 5455,
>PPC2003)- I want to be able to access this from a desktop
>computer running Win 2000 and WMP9 after I create an
>Activesync connection with the PPC..
>
>On my desktop computer, i can see the files when using
>the "Copy to CD or Device" option from WMP on the desktop,
>and when doing a music seach of all drives, it shows them
>as available on my desktop computer, but if I try to play
>them I get an error(saying file cannot be found)
>
>It seems to me this is a basic thing people would want to
>do, but info on this particular scenario is scarce.
>
>Please help.
>
>Thanks,
>Michael
August 17, 2004 1:40:32 AM

Use Windows Media Encoder to stream your file to PPC via
WiFi

!