Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

I5 750 CPU cooler?

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
August 8, 2010 12:31:13 AM

Hey,

I wanted to know,

What would be the best cooler for my I5 750?

I want it to be a great overclocking cooler, because i want to overclock it to at least 3.4 Ghz but if I can im going for 4.0 Ghz.

PLEASE REPLY!

Thanks!

yogman

More about : 750 cpu cooler

Best solution

a c 183 K Overclocking
August 8, 2010 3:43:56 AM

Prolimatech Megahalems or Armageddon.
Thermalright Venomous X or X-RT.
Noctua DH-14.
Even a CM Hyper 212+ which is much cheaper can handle those clocks.
Share
August 8, 2010 11:58:10 AM

you mean noctua NH-D14 :) 
m
0
l
Related resources
August 8, 2010 2:38:00 PM

Best answer selected by yogman.
m
0
l
August 8, 2010 2:41:40 PM

davcon said:
Prolimatech Megahalems or Armageddon.
Thermalright Venomous X or X-RT.
Noctua DH-14.
Even a CM Hyper 212+ which is much cheaper can handle those clocks.


THANKS!

but out of all of them, which one would you think would be best?
m
0
l
a c 183 K Overclocking
August 8, 2010 9:08:32 PM

Thanks for selecting me!
The Prolimatechs and regular Venomous X require you to purchase fans.
The Venomous X-RT comes with a fan.
The Noctua comes with 2 fans but the unit is huge.
Those 4 units are generally considered the best performing within 1C of each other.
What you have to consider is cost and if the unit will
1. fits in your case
2. doesn't intrude on your dimms
3. your ram height doesn't interfere with installation
The CM Hyper 212+ is a smaller unit that performs within 6C of those said units and
it will present less of an installation problem if spacing is a concern.
It's a very good unit that cost less then half of the others.
Since you have an i5 as opposed to an i7 9xx series the amount of heat created when oc'd is much less.
m
0
l
September 27, 2010 11:34:37 PM

davcon said:
Thanks for selecting me!
The Prolimatechs and regular Venomous X require you to purchase fans.
The Venomous X-RT comes with a fan.
The Noctua comes with 2 fans but the unit is huge.
Those 4 units are generally considered the best performing within 1C of each other.
What you have to consider is cost and if the unit will
1. fits in your case
2. doesn't intrude on your dimms
3. your ram height doesn't interfere with installation
The CM Hyper 212+ is a smaller unit that performs within 6C of those said units and
it will present less of an installation problem if spacing is a concern.
It's a very good unit that cost less then half of the others.
Since you have an i5 as opposed to an i7 9xx series the amount of heat created when oc'd is much less.


Also, for achieving the 4Ghz mark, is air or liquid better?

m
0
l
September 28, 2010 7:38:30 PM

yogman said:
Also, for achieving the 4Ghz mark, is air or liquid better?


Obviously, liquid would be better, but you don't need it. I've got the i5 750 clocked at 4.00 GHz with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 (Only $30 USD on Newegg.com) with just the one fan that came with the cooler. My temps don't get up above 72c. 100% stable too.

In my opinion, anything better than the hyper 212 is a bit of overkill if you just want to hit 4.00 Ghz. But if you DO want to go above that, or get better temps, I'd go with the Prolimatechs Megahelms.
m
0
l
September 29, 2010 12:44:51 AM

mrmodder7 said:
Obviously, liquid would be better, but you don't need it. I've got the i5 750 clocked at 4.00 GHz with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 (Only $30 USD on Newegg.com) with just the one fan that came with the cooler. My temps don't get up above 72c. 100% stable too.

In my opinion, anything better than the hyper 212 is a bit of overkill if you just want to hit 4.00 Ghz. But if you DO want to go above that, or get better temps, I'd go with the Prolimatechs Megahelms.


Thank you SOOO much for all of your help!!!!
m
0
l
September 29, 2010 12:48:36 AM

mrmodder7 said:
Obviously, liquid would be better, but you don't need it. I've got the i5 750 clocked at 4.00 GHz with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 (Only $30 USD on Newegg.com) with just the one fan that came with the cooler. My temps don't get up above 72c. 100% stable too.

In my opinion, anything better than the hyper 212 is a bit of overkill if you just want to hit 4.00 Ghz. But if you DO want to go above that, or get better temps, I'd go with the Prolimatechs Megahelms.


Also what case do you have?
m
0
l
!