Sign in with
Your question

In Soviet Russia, Intel CRUSHES you!

Last response: in CPUs
May 1, 2009 7:53:25 AM

http://englishrussia.com/?p=2031

:pt1cable:  Haha, just can't resist posting this... I mean, what advertising execs thought up of this?

What's next, the AMD Tank? Hell if i know... :lol: 
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2009 8:09:26 AM

I don't think a slice of AMD bread will stand up to that.
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2009 10:31:00 AM

And there was me thinking that AMD would use Jaffa Cakes..

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2009 10:43:48 AM

Wow, free market and advertising is progressing in Russia. back in the early 80's it would be just a line the propaganda radio "Use Intel... or else!"
May 1, 2009 12:38:24 PM

hundredislandsboy said:
"Use Intel... or else!"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

If intel looks like that on top of the truck I would get one :D 
May 1, 2009 1:36:53 PM

I hate to nitpick, but thats an Armored Troop Transport, not a tank.

And yea, the chic on top is pretty hot.
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2009 1:45:21 PM

I am selling all of my AMD and Intel PC's and buying one of them Russian brides.

I just need some advice on how to break it to my wife ... and my fellow AMD Fanboys ??

lol
May 1, 2009 1:51:22 PM

LOL, got no advice on the first one, for the second, send pics :D 
a b à CPUs
May 1, 2009 2:01:10 PM

Actually I might just stay in the frying pan ... safer than the fire.

I'll stay with the SUV ... cheaper to run than the corvette.
May 1, 2009 9:05:07 PM

If B-Unit gets to nitpick...

Russia is no longer Soviet or was that whole wall falling thing in the 80's wasted.
a b à CPUs
May 2, 2009 12:42:13 PM

"Buy Intel for the motherland!"
a b à CPUs
May 2, 2009 2:39:43 PM

:/ 
a b à CPUs
May 2, 2009 2:53:32 PM

The ban on Wu, got screwed up during the transition.
May 2, 2009 9:07:46 PM

Quote:
I was back in some time during July 2007, I just didn't bother to post. Whether by accident or not, meh.
The only reason I'm visiting again is because of randomizer, a change in atmosphere I guess.

I see I'm still being recognised... is that good or bad?

Hey dude nice to see you. :bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 

Word, Playa.
a b à CPUs
May 2, 2009 9:24:59 PM

BTW. Jaffa over here is a seedless orange.

Take that as you will, take that as you will.. :) 

@ Reynod --- you have a wife,, poor woman...
a b à CPUs
May 3, 2009 12:39:25 AM

Hellboy ... made it to 1000 without getting booted.

/amazed

heh heh ...
a b à CPUs
May 3, 2009 2:01:19 AM

*slaps Wu and hides the frying pan*
a c 127 à CPUs
a b À AMD
May 3, 2009 11:15:45 AM

B-Unit said:
I hate to nitpick, but thats an Armored Troop Transport, not a tank.

And yea, the chic on top is pretty hot.

This I agree with.

I can only think of the devistaion a person would do with that.....

(do I mean the girl or the tank..... you decide....)
a b à CPUs
May 3, 2009 11:57:16 AM

a b à CPUs
May 3, 2009 12:54:03 PM

Welcome back Cott .. .er I mean wusy.
May 3, 2009 3:00:37 PM

Wazzup Wu!

I guess it's time to hide my cellphone. :kaola: 
a b à CPUs
May 3, 2009 3:46:15 PM

Reynod said:
Hellboy ... made it to 1000 without getting booted.

/amazed

heh heh ...

I got banned for a week does that count.. By then AMDfangirls postings went from 1000 to 2000,, oh the shame on me..

Just as bad as running out in a wake of toilet roll and having to shout to someone down stairs to pass me a bog roll.. Oh the shame...
a b à CPUs
May 4, 2009 5:51:08 AM

Now, its 4000 and climbing. Man, I really should get my homework done...
a b à CPUs
May 4, 2009 5:57:11 PM

amdfangirl said:
Now, its 4000 and climbing. Man, I really should get my homework done...

Geez i feel sorry for your future husband

If he could get a word in edge wise he would have to wait 4022.... make that 4023, 24... ( keep counting )
a b à CPUs
May 5, 2009 1:26:00 PM

I can just imagine... "Honey, dinner's ready! Heeelllooo!! Ok, I guess I'll just have to PM her"
May 5, 2009 4:01:22 PM

wow, ok...
is this thread the new romance/wedding forum for Tom's Hardware?
a b à CPUs
May 5, 2009 8:54:46 PM

Dam 4028

Yeah dinners in the text i sent you earlier

Youll gonna have to go intel, AMD wont be able to keep up....
May 5, 2009 10:46:23 PM

misry said:
If B-Unit gets to nitpick...

Russia is no longer Soviet or was that whole wall falling thing in the 80's wasted.

It is a reference to family guy.

a b à CPUs
May 6, 2009 5:22:50 AM

Chronobodi said:
wow, ok...
is this thread the new romance/wedding forum for Tom's Hardware?

Nah, just a big offtopic thread some of the 'older' members just decided to all post in.
a b à CPUs
May 6, 2009 6:42:12 AM

Quote:
A deficit in over 21k worth of posts? :lol: 
I like this unique title I'm hanging out about now. :) 

over 31000 posts, wow...

Im sure AMDfangirl will catch up...

Give it a couple of weeks and she will beat your score.
May 6, 2009 7:04:40 AM

heh, maybe this topic should be renamed "Old Glory's Lounge" or "Old People Post" or something :whistle: 

Since that's what it is now, but i don't mind.
May 6, 2009 8:05:20 AM

Quote:
Nope, this thread is a perfect disguise only known to us wanting a chat. Keeps the size down. ;) 
What happened back in 2001 when 'the Other' forum was created for the sole purpose of that (now under Old Men/Women Club) got out of control.

i don't know anything about that... compared to you guys, i'm a noob... What exactly happened back then in the Middle Ages? :wahoo: 

Perfect disguise for what, so it doesn't attract trolls and idiots? :heink: 
a b à CPUs
May 6, 2009 8:14:05 AM

Quote:
A deficit in over 21k worth of posts? :lol: 
I like this unique title I'm hanging out about now. :) 

Unique? Oh I don't think so: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/4768-11-help-please#t...

And let me remind you that the only reason Crashman doesn't have that title is because he has a custom one. Your uniqueness fails. :bounce: 
a b à CPUs
May 6, 2009 8:35:07 AM

You "historians" are just a bunch of spammers. :kaola: 
a c 127 à CPUs
a b À AMD
May 6, 2009 8:39:45 AM

Chronobodi said:
heh, maybe this topic should be renamed "Old Glory's Lounge" or "Old People Post" or something :whistle: 

Since that's what it is now, but i don't mind.

Do we mean old as in "old School THG' or old as in well.... 30+?

:kaola: 

If I had actually joined THGs forumd when I first started using it to keep up on tech (2002 if they had one) then I would be near you or past you.

But I didn't join till 2007 when I built my newest PC with a quad.
May 6, 2009 8:48:42 AM

jimmysmitty said:
Do we mean old as in "old School THG' or old as in well.... 30+?

:kaola: 

If I had actually joined THGs forumd when I first started using it to keep up on tech (2002 if they had one) then I would be near you or past you.

But I didn't join till 2007 when I built my newest PC with a quad.

ah, the old-school THGers, to be specific...

and i just found out about THG this year, so again, i'm new around here.

But, these forums are way better than the vast wasteland of the Internet, an actual place where people wrote in complete sentences... That's one thing I like about THG... :ange:  well, most of them, that is.
a b à CPUs
May 6, 2009 8:56:03 AM

THG has such a large amount of traffic that having alot of "n00bs" is inevitable. It doesn't matter how "elite" you want your site to be, once it starts getting more traffic you will get people with a lack of knowledge, be it in PCs or basic engrish. The article comments are a great example of a lack of the latter. However, given the size of this site, it is pretty good. Game forums are some of the worst, because all the 12-year-olds hang out there with their l33t CS skillz and glass-breaking voices.
a c 127 à CPUs
a b À AMD
May 6, 2009 8:56:23 AM

^You haven't seen Thunderman then......

All I can say is.... well nothing really...
a b à CPUs
May 6, 2009 9:03:35 AM

Thunderman is a special case. Like wusy, but not.
May 6, 2009 9:03:58 AM

randomizer said:
THG has such a large amount of traffic that having alot of "n00bs" is inevitable. It doesn't matter how "elite" you want your site to be, once it starts getting more traffic you will get people with a lack of knowledge, be it in PCs or basic engrish. The article comments are a great example of a lack of the latter. However, given the size of this site, it is pretty good. Game forums are some of the worst, because all the 12-year-olds hang out there with their l33t CS skillz and glass-breaking voices.

:lol:  counterstrike... still remember that... people still play it? jeez... :pfff: 

makes you wish there is some sort of internet tech that actually bans 12 yrs old, not the bullshit "enter your birth date" thing... that never worked AT all, since anyone with half a brain can enter a false date and he is on his merry way to juicy Pr0n or whatever.

randomizer: what Thunderman do you speak of? i googled it, i came up with some sort of jetpack site, not exactly what i thought you might be talking about. What is it?
a b à CPUs
May 6, 2009 9:07:52 AM

The DOB check is for legal reasons only, it was never meant to work.
a c 127 à CPUs
a b À AMD
May 6, 2009 9:14:09 AM

Chronobodi said:
:lol:  counterstrike... still remember that... people still play it? jeez... :pfff: 

makes you wish there is some sort of internet tech that actually bans 12 yrs old, not the bullshit "enter your birth date" thing... that never worked AT all, since anyone with half a brain can enter a false date and he is on his merry way to juicy Pr0n or whatever.

randomizer: what Thunderman do you speak of? i googled it, i came up with some sort of jetpack site, not exactly what i thought you might be talking about. What is it?

Yes. CS is still very popular. And CS:S is too. Not fun though since its filled with AWP weilding, aimbotting lifeless people.

Thunderman is a person who used to post here a lot. Anti-Intel, Pro-AMD you know the whole "Intel is evil" spheil stuff. Search for him. He is quite entertaining TBH.

Quote:
This is just the tip of the iceberg in the enthusiast community, far from what I'm usually used to. I'm only back here because I left some uncompleted tasks before I went away.
As you start to learn more about the world of computer enthusiasts you'll start to discover infos and places far more complicated and exciting.

The time I joined this forum in 2000 as a 13yrs old compared to what I know about computers today is quite unbelievable really. ;) 

Yeah with time you learn a lot. I learned the most from 2003 to 2004 with the guy I call my mentor. Back then he could make a Mac and PC be best friends, hacked a friends 27 letter, number and special character password in about 5 seconds and we also OCed a old AMD K6-2 laptop CPU to run like a desktop CPU.

He was amazing and a god in the PC world to me. Thanks to him I know more and keep learning. Even people at my work who have been doing PCs longer know less than I do.

Kinda sad sometimes.
a b à CPUs
May 6, 2009 9:18:40 AM

Thunderman hit a rarely attained level of fanboyism that actually made him popular, rather than shunned. enigma and dragonsprayer can only dream of that.
a b à CPUs
May 6, 2009 9:19:43 AM

So true random.

Where does that leave me tho /contemplation
a b à CPUs
May 6, 2009 9:21:32 AM

In the Old Woman's club.
a c 127 à CPUs
a b À AMD
May 6, 2009 9:22:46 AM

randomizer said:
In the Old Woman's club.

Ouch. Thats all I can say really.
May 6, 2009 9:31:32 AM

randomizer said:
Thunderman hit a rarely attained level of fanboyism that actually made him popular, rather than shunned. enigma and dragonsprayer can only dream of that.

just looked up some of his post, i swear that either he's a bot programmed to make pro-AMD topics or even more sadder, an actual person who thinks he is Jesus carrying on some sort of holy raid against Satan Inside...

Or, he just likes reading the chaos that ensues from posting weird stuff like that.
a b à CPUs
May 6, 2009 9:33:18 AM

Group hug wusy? You sound like you need one.
a c 127 à CPUs
a b À AMD
May 6, 2009 9:34:38 AM

Quote:
I had Crashman pointing me straight, he's my mentor I guess even till this day.
A dilemma I learnt when going through the stages of learning is knowing the really old stuff. Stuff dating back to DOS and hardwares of that era. They aren't particularly useful, but they are essential none the less.

Anyway, I have to say it feels refreshing to discuss with you young generations of this forum. :) 

HAH. I still remember running DOS 6 and playing some old DOS based games.

Sad thing is that with the advent of Vista/Windows 7 DOS is no longer a part of the OS. You can still do advanced things through a Command Prompt but not as much.

Hardware wise though, its good to know in case you run into it. I have a old 486DX setting on my desk for memories.

Ahh a simpler time.

And yes Thunderman is weird.

And I second the hugs.
a c 127 à CPUs
a b À AMD
May 6, 2009 9:36:29 AM

AHHH BM!!!!!!!

He would never give up. Then he left for AMDfanzone when Phenom came out and failed to deliver. Then came back when word of Phenom II came up and left again.

He was quite pro-AMD.

Dragonsprayer is way pro-Intel as is that shark guy.

BTW random, check this out:

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Left_4_Dead_Custom_Menu_Bac...

Made by yours truly

:p 
!