8800 GTX Vista Video Error

SK3W

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2009
Hey guys, hope you can help me out!

I just bought FEAR 2 and I can't play it because my system keeps getting the blue screen of Death! Saying:

Attempt to reset display drivers bla bla timout failed....

I get this blue screen every 10 or so minutes.
For some odd reason, i thought fine tuning my machine through nTune would be a great idea... But it hasnt worked.

My theory is that maybe it reaches around 85 celcius and doesnt like it and crashes. I've tried the newest Nvidia drivers (182) and some old ones (180)...

Could someone please give e any clue as to whats happening? Btw I'm running Windows Vista SP1...

SK3W

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2009
OKay GUys,

I did a little test and came to the conclusion that it reaches 112 degrees celcius before it crashes with the blue screen.

I read that the maximum temperature that the 8800 gtx can run at was 127 degrees celcius.

Is my card faulty? Or could it just be the game? I'm going for the faulty graphics card because I've had to replace the same motherboard 4 times in the last 3 months, due to my PCI slot becoming faulty. Although the card has remained fine for the past 2 years.

PLEASE could someone just reply and give me a clue on what to do... Also, please let me know if somehow it could be my powersupply..

THanks a lot guys