Can't cheat...waaah

Ok something I've done or downloaded has stopped me from entering the
cheat enabler ctrl/shift/c. It does nothing anymore, won't even bring up
the white panel to enter my cheat code...so no more boolProp cheat or
money cheat or aging off cheat. It's killing me lol.
I've checked my keyboard and all keys are their original allocations and
do their normal function out side of game play. I've pressed every combo
of keys I can think off to get it to operate on something else, the only
thing that works is shift/ctrl/s which brings up some weird random
running clock thing.
Heeeeelp. Anyone experienced this and know who to rectify it?

Andrea

jamie

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2002

reinstall.

--
Jamie

Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know
whether you did it or not.
....O.W.

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
you'll have to ram them down people's throats
....Howard Aiken

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005, Unadulterated Me wrote:
> Ok something I've done or downloaded has stopped me from entering the
> cheat enabler ctrl/shift/c. It does nothing anymore, won't even bring up
> the white panel to enter my cheat code...so no more boolProp cheat or
> money cheat or aging off cheat. It's killing me lol.

Oh, no! You'll have to learn how to play! :p (though the lack of
move_objects might be nasty... Here's hoping you get lucky and don't run
into any of the bugs)

Elon

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2004

"Unadulterated Me" <froupaccount@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> Ok something I've done or downloaded has stopped me from entering the
> cheat enabler ctrl/shift/c. It does nothing anymore, won't even bring up
> the white panel to enter my cheat code...so no more boolProp cheat or
> money cheat or aging off cheat. It's killing me lol.
> I've checked my keyboard and all keys are their original allocations and
> do their normal function out side of game play. I've pressed every combo
> of keys I can think off to get it to operate on something else, the only
> thing that works is shift/ctrl/s which brings up some weird random running
> clock thing.
> Heeeeelp. Anyone experienced this and know who to rectify it?
>
> Andrea

I had the same problem. Are you running CursorXP? If so, disable it
while playing the sims. That worked for me.

Elon

Jamie wrote:
> reinstall.

Yeah I'm thinking that's what I'll have to do, but I'll wait until I get
university in a few weeks and do it then.

Andrea

Joseph William Dixon wrote:

> Oh, no! You'll have to learn how to play! :p (though the lack of
> move_objects might be nasty... Here's hoping you get lucky and don't run
> into any of the bugs)

I've realised how incredibly mundane the game is without cheats lol.
It's just no fun actually having to work for money in order to deck my
house out and pay the bills...too much like real life lol. I play SIMS2
to escape from that.

Andrea

Elon wrote:

> I had the same problem. Are you running CursorXP? If so, disable it
> while playing the sims. That worked for me.
>
> Elon

Yes! My teens just put it on last week. You are an angel, thank you :)

/blows a kiss

Andrea

Unadulterated Me <froupaccount@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Joseph William Dixon wrote:
>> Oh, no! You'll have to learn how to play! :p (though the lack of
>> move_objects might be nasty... Here's hoping you get lucky and don't run
>> into any of the bugs)
>I've realised how incredibly mundane the game is without cheats lol.
>It's just no fun actually having to work for money in order to deck my
>house out and pay the bills...too much like real life lol.

For me, the part of the game where the Sims have to work hard and save
their money to buy fancy things for the household (such as windows, or a
coffee machine) is much more fun than the later part where all you can do
is buy yet another painting or replace a 300$ chair by a 650$ chair. I
like the evolutionary aspect most; I like Sims and their house evolve
from an unemployed single in a rathole to a hapy family in a nicely
decorated house.

--
Philipp Lucas
phlucas@online-club.de