Can't cheat...waaah

Ok something I've done or downloaded has stopped me from entering the
cheat enabler ctrl/shift/c. It does nothing anymore, won't even bring up
the white panel to enter my cheat code...so no more boolProp cheat or
money cheat or aging off cheat. It's killing me lol.
I've checked my keyboard and all keys are their original allocations and
do their normal function out side of game play. I've pressed every combo
of keys I can think off to get it to operate on something else, the only
thing that works is shift/ctrl/s which brings up some weird random
running clock thing.
Heeeeelp. Anyone experienced this and know who to rectify it?

Andrea
7 answers Last reply
More about cheat waaah

    reinstall.

    --
    Jamie

    Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know
    whether you did it or not.
    ....O.W.

    Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
    you'll have to ram them down people's throats
    ....Howard Aiken

    On Sat, 26 Feb 2005, Unadulterated Me wrote:
    > Ok something I've done or downloaded has stopped me from entering the
    > cheat enabler ctrl/shift/c. It does nothing anymore, won't even bring up
    > the white panel to enter my cheat code...so no more boolProp cheat or
    > money cheat or aging off cheat. It's killing me lol.

    Oh, no! You'll have to learn how to play! :P (though the lack of
    move_objects might be nasty... Here's hoping you get lucky and don't run
    into any of the bugs)

    "Unadulterated Me" <froupaccount@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
    > Ok something I've done or downloaded has stopped me from entering the
    > cheat enabler ctrl/shift/c. It does nothing anymore, won't even bring up
    > the white panel to enter my cheat code...so no more boolProp cheat or
    > money cheat or aging off cheat. It's killing me lol.
    > I've checked my keyboard and all keys are their original allocations and
    > do their normal function out side of game play. I've pressed every combo
    > of keys I can think off to get it to operate on something else, the only
    > thing that works is shift/ctrl/s which brings up some weird random running
    > clock thing.
    > Heeeeelp. Anyone experienced this and know who to rectify it?
    >
    > Andrea

    I had the same problem. Are you running CursorXP? If so, disable it
    while playing the sims. That worked for me.

    Elon

    Jamie wrote:
    > reinstall.

    Yeah I'm thinking that's what I'll have to do, but I'll wait until I get
    university in a few weeks and do it then.

    Andrea

    Joseph William Dixon wrote:

    > Oh, no! You'll have to learn how to play! :P (though the lack of
    > move_objects might be nasty... Here's hoping you get lucky and don't run
    > into any of the bugs)

    I've realised how incredibly mundane the game is without cheats lol.
    It's just no fun actually having to work for money in order to deck my
    house out and pay the bills...too much like real life lol. I play SIMS2
    to escape from that.

    Andrea

    Elon wrote:

    > I had the same problem. Are you running CursorXP? If so, disable it
    > while playing the sims. That worked for me.
    >
    > Elon

    Yes! My teens just put it on last week. You are an angel, thank you :-)

    /blows a kiss

    Andrea

    Unadulterated Me <froupaccount@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

    >Joseph William Dixon wrote:
    >> Oh, no! You'll have to learn how to play! :P (though the lack of
    >> move_objects might be nasty... Here's hoping you get lucky and don't run
    >> into any of the bugs)
    >I've realised how incredibly mundane the game is without cheats lol.
    >It's just no fun actually having to work for money in order to deck my
    >house out and pay the bills...too much like real life lol.

    For me, the part of the game where the Sims have to work hard and save
    their money to buy fancy things for the household (such as windows, or a
    coffee machine) is much more fun than the later part where all you can do
    is buy yet another painting or replace a 300$ chair by a 650$ chair. I
    like the evolutionary aspect most; I like Sims and their house evolve
    from an unemployed single in a rathole to a hapy family in a nicely
    decorated house.

    --
    Philipp Lucas
    phlucas@online-club.de