My water cooler flow indicator isn't moving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnners2981

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
Just setup a Zalman Reserator 1 V2 to my Q6600, done everything properly but my when I turn the water cooler pump on the flow indicator doesn't even move.

This is my first time using a water cooler so I don't know what to do from here, manual says flow indicator should be shaking if its flowing correctly.

Any help would be great

if it aint moving, neithers the water,
go back through step by step, have you bled it properly?
check tubes for blockages,kinks etc,
is the power getting to it ok?
Might be a bad unit,just try faultfinding first before you rma it
Moto

johnners2981

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
Ok il try everything again.
No sure how to bled it, but if you mean turning the pump on and off again till air bubbles are gone iv tried that.
And not sure how to check if the power is getting to it ok either, I can hear a noise when power is on and none when its off.
Thanks again for the help

Yes thats what bleeding the lines is, getting all the air out :)

Ok, check theres nothing blocking any of the nozzles or tubes,
I'm thinking your pump may be an issue, like everything else, shoes, cars, ram sometimes you get a bad component So if the tubes etc aren't blocked, get ready to Rma the unit
Sorry I cant be more help and that your first W/c experience hasn't gone swimmingly man
Moto

johnners2981

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
Thanks for the help motopsychojdn, turns out my water cooler is workng fine it was just that my flow indicator was stuck so thats why it wasn't moving.
Found that out after taking every piece apart again, a lot of effort but at least everything is working smoothly now :)

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Zalman...make sure you keep your receipts...i've only heard bad things about those. And for the record, you shouldn't need a flow indicator if you have good components. I hope it works well for you, but don't be surprised if it craps out on you...most seem to do just that.

douglasw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
Do you still have a problem with your flow indicator..i notice a couple years ago zalman put out a notice that there spin indicator with the fins were defected and they were recalling them..But i wouldnt just go by that id do a lil maintenance...What iv done for a stronger flow i shorten up my hoses as much as i could this way the pump doesnt work as much...plus i make sure the lil sliding door on the pump is wide open for max flow plus i pulled out the pump and pulled the face off and i pulled on the fins & youll notice the fins are connected to the magnet..Hold the magnet and turn the fins if it turnes means you have a problem thats not suppose to happen .. if it spin just pull the magnet off the shaft and glue the shaft and slid the magnet back on...You see the pump is so simple thats the only problem you can ever have with ur pump..If you still have your unit let me know i can give you a couple sweet tips how to cool off your return water just by using only 10 inches of hose...

Status
Not open for further replies.