Transferring Laptop Hard drive to Desktop

Hello All,
I had a Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop that had a 2.5" Fujitsu hard drive. I got a standard 2.5" to 3.5" IDE adaptor. However, it doesn't fit my laptop hard drive because the connectors are different. I can't seem to find the connectors on my laptop hard drive anywhere on the web and it seems to be very different from the connectors on other 2.5" hard drives I see on the web. Here is an image of the connectors on my laptop hard drive and here is the adaptor I got from amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YTR53W/ref=oss_product. Please do let me know what sort of adaptor should I get to connect this 2.5" harddrive to my desktop
2 answers Last reply
More about transferring laptop hard drive desktop
  1. The connector shown in your picture looks like an adapter to slot into the Dell. See if you can remove it and find the standard mini-IDE pins below.

Gently in case I'm wrong -- in which case take it into a decent computer retailer and see if they know what fits it.
  2. I agree with fihart - the pins you see are very likely just an adapter and a standard 2.5" drive IDE connector is hiding underneath, such as this:

Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Laptops Dell Inspiron Storage