Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to over-clock 9850BEx4

Last response: in Overclocking
a b à CPUs
August 9, 2010 3:49:44 AM

I have amd overdrive i seem to be able to get 2.8 stable but i cant get anymore out of this i know the 9850 can do 3.0ghz. please let me know what i can do.

Specs.
9850-BE-X4
BFG 550 Psu
GTX 465
500Gb WD
4-Gb Wintec
Foxconn Mobo dont know the model pretty simple

More about : clock 9850bex4

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
August 9, 2010 4:31:53 AM

You have to go into bios. Overdrive is good, but the bios is better. up the multi till it's 3.0, test stability with the next boot up. If it is unstable, go into bios again then up the cpu voltage. Each up on the cpu voltage (vcore) should be just one increment up each time till the CPU is stable. If you can't be stable it could be your temps are a bit to hot. As before my temps were way to high, and all i could reach was 3.7, but now i got it realll cool with the IC7 Thermal paste and now i can hit 3.9ghz. Just a possibility though.

Test for stability by using the Prime95, and check the temp with programs like CoreTemp(I personally like coretemp more). And according to AMD, you should keep your cpu's temp under 60C, at least aim for that. 65 would be OKish... But a little to high.
m
l
a b à CPUs
August 9, 2010 4:42:55 AM

I have never overclock from bios before. and i have NEVER changed volts before. what is the max volt i should but to the 9850 i can not afford to burn this baby up no money and it is all i have. if you could explane to me how to do this it would be great

aznshinobi said:
You have to go into bios. Overdrive is good, but the bios is better. up the multi till it's 3.0, test stability with the next boot up. If it is unstable, go into bios again then up the cpu voltage. Each up on the cpu voltage (vcore) should be just one increment up each time till the CPU is stable. If you can't be stable it could be your temps are a bit to hot. As before my temps were way to high, and all i could reach was 3.7, but now i got it realll cool with the IC7 Thermal paste and now i can hit 3.9ghz. Just a possibility though.

Test for stability by using the Prime95, and check the temp with programs like CoreTemp(I personally like coretemp more). And according to AMD, you should keep your cpu's temp under 60C, at least aim for that. 65 would be OKish... But a little to high.

m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
August 9, 2010 6:23:39 AM

Well just slight ups in the voltage shouldn't burn out the CPU if it does, that's really unusual :p 

AMD Black Edition OC guide: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/258573-29-black-editi...

Read it and you'll understand.
a b à CPUs
August 9, 2010 3:34:59 PM

Best answer selected by cia24.
m
l
!