How to install Windows 7 and Mac on two seperate hardrives

Techo1

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
Can someone please give me a step by step guide (from which RAID option to use to the end) on how to install Windows 7 and Mac Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on two seperate Barracuda 500GB Hard drives to be used in a gaming PC.

Here are some of the specs:

Motherboard: Asus P6X58D Premium Motherboard
CPU: Intel i7 930 2.8 GHZ
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" SATA-II 7200rpm Hard Drive x 2
RAM: Corsair XMS3 6GB DDR3 1333Mhz Ram
PSU: OCZ Z Series Gold 850W Modular PSU
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium AND Mac Snow Leopard x 64-bit (Win 7 on one hard drive Mac on the other)

Any help will be GRATELY appreciated.

Techo1

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
Thank you for the reply, so does that mean that there's no other way for me to install Windows 7 on one Hard drive and Mac on the other without having to go through Windows?

Techo1

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
Thanks for the reply.

Apparently, I can't install windows one unplug the other and then install Mac on the other as it will prevent me from being able to do a dual boot.

The motherboard supports Mac as I've seen it done.

I've looked on youtube and trolled around the net for hours and no one seems to be using two seperate HDD's for Mac and Windows.

I've asked Seagate directly on how to set this up to see if it can be done successfully. I guess I'll just wait for their reply.

Right, my bad.

If you unplug one drive to install the other OS, then you won't have dual boot, as you said. Sorry for the bad advice.

Does MAC have a Dual Boot scenario? I know Windows does, as I have a machine with Windows XP and 7 on it. Installed on one drive, differnet partitions. I don't see why 2 diffferent physical drives would be any different.

Don't expect a reply for Seagate, it's not a drive issue, it's a software issue.

Still, I can't help right now. I know nothing about Mac OS. I'll look around.

The site given by jefe323 is valid. It's the only way I would know how to dual boot Mac & Windows. Yes, Windows sets up the dual boot screen, where you choose which OS to run. But I don't see any problems with that.