System won't detect vid card type

ensarda

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
Up untill this morning when turned on my system pretty much has worked flawlessley for 1 1/2 years; but today trying to log ino windows it kept freezing just before the windows login comes up; i tried rebooting several times to no avail; so i booted into safe mode which worked; I assumed it was currupted drivers so i went to Nvidia's website downloaded the latest gpu rives tried to install and it says install will now exit no compatible products found; I tred again still same problem; so i went ino directx diagnostics under graphics its all n/a and the name is blank, my card is obvisoley installed correctly as in safe mode the pu does work and its power connecters though pluged in wouldn't make windows not be able to detect the card type. So is there anyother thing i could try or will i need to buy a new gpu.

Asus p5n32-e sli
Intel e6600 core 2 duo 2.4 ghz
4x 1gb kingston ddr ii 800mhz
Nvidia 8800gtx
Windws vista ultimate

Thank you

tijmen007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
So the fans and all are spinning? What does the BIOS say, does it recognize the videocard? Most of the time with Nvidia cards you get first that message when you startup your pc with the firmware info , ammount of memory and name. It pops up before the bios so you must be quick