How to install hp pavilion dv4 laptop

This is a software issue. I haven't seen any new bios versions for vista. Vista has found all the devices for all the systems I've used it on. If you want to wait and use windows 7 ultra, it allows you to install all your xp files alongside the windows 7 files. I'm using the RC version now. Whatever you decide, be sure your files are backed up before proceeding with a vista or 7 install. I suggest you buy a new hardrive and try windows 7 RC while you can still download it. You need high speed dsl or cable broadband to download it. After downloading, locate an ISO file program using your search engine to burn the windows 7 to a dvd. After installation, be sure to download all the security updates and then you can also download a free program called xp virtualization off microsoft's website. This program is the one that allows you to install all your windows xp files on a windows 7 operating system. Windows 7 RC is good until June 1, 2010. After March 1, 2010, microsoft will shut down your pc every 2 hours until you purchase a license from them. Windows 7 ultra isn't cheap; the full version is about $300.