Sign in with
Your question

External Storage Connection

Last response: in Storage
August 10, 2010 8:08:46 AM

I am trying to connect a 4bay-8TB external storage to my pc using eSATA. I am connecting to a DELL laptop using an eSATA expresscard. This connection is not recognized and in fact the storage unit powers off when trying to connect. The storage works fine when I connect via USB.

There were no support minimums mentioned on the packaging but on the Probox website I discovered the need for port multiplication to be supported on the sata motherboard.

My question is this. Is there a way of checking to see if I have this esata support. If I do, do I have it using the expresscard. If not, is there another connection alternative such that I can achieve the faster performance.

Thanks
a c 93 G Storage
August 10, 2010 5:14:10 PM

What make and model of eSATA expresscard are you using? You need to determine if it supports the port multiplication capability. Also, have you successfully installed the drivers for the eSATA expresscard? What version of Windows are you using?
m
l
August 10, 2010 8:42:18 PM

COLGeek said:
What make and model of eSATA expresscard are you using? You need to determine if it supports the port multiplication capability. Also, have you successfully installed the drivers for the eSATA expresscard? What version of Windows are you using?

The card itself has no name on it. Sorry I am not familiar where to fine the information regarding drivers As for windows, I am running Vista Business There was a cd for drivers and all it says is extending futures. I can't recognize any names in the files.
m
l
!