Sign in with
Your question

Sandisk Memory Stick Problem!

Last response: in Storage
August 10, 2010 8:29:27 AM

Hey guys! Last i used the memory stick, i think i was making a bootable windows usb stick. This was a few weeks ago, but today when i put it in it said this disk need to be formated, so i did. But it only reads as 250mb!! It is definetly a 4gb stick!!! I don't know what has caused it but i really need it now!
Thanks alot in advance for your help!
a b G Storage
August 10, 2010 3:21:30 PM

Ensure that you are using the correct format for the it when formatting it, i.e. right click on it in my computer, format, and select fat32 (I think most flash disks are formatted this way out of the factory).
August 10, 2010 10:21:36 PM

nothing! when i go to the format box to choose the format it still says 250mb on the capacity box. Is there something i can do in cmd maybe because i remember having to use it before.
Related resources
August 11, 2010 7:52:43 AM

any paritions on the drive?

go to disk management to make sure. if so, remove them.
August 11, 2010 10:20:14 AM

how do i do it!! Thats the problem in disk management for the usb there is a dark blue primary partition then 3.5gb of unnalocated space, but its not letting me do anything!
August 11, 2010 10:25:53 AM

You should be able to right-click the usable space and extend it into the unallocated space (i believe, its been some time since I've had to mess with disk management)

jsut right click, extend, select the entirety of unallocated space and it should then move to a single 4gb partition.
August 11, 2010 11:43:44 AM

ah okay. well glad you got it sorted.
!