Fan RPM's are no longer automatically changing! Help Please

Morphic

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
I have noticed that recently my computer was shutting down when under a heavy load from a CPU/GPU intensive process. I reapplied thermal compound to both the GPU and CPU to make sure that wasnt it because I couldnt think of anything else. I did drop the temperature by a few degrees but it still shut down. Then I noticed that while my fans were still spinning, they continued spinning at a very low RPM and not increasing as the CPU or GPU load increased. Even when I overclocked my PC with TurboGear it would usually be VERY audible when the RPM increased, now it does nothing ( stays the same ). What could be going on here guys? By the way this is a laptop with 4 fans along the back ( Made precisely for gaming and has never had any problems until now. )

Intel core 2 duo 6700

2 gigs DDR2 Corsair ram

Nvidia 8600GTM

Morphic

Distinguished
May 3, 2009

No sir this is not the first time I have formatted this computer either ( I actually format about every 4 months or so because there is nothing but games on here ). I have a cd that came with the computer and it comes with all of the programs that came with the computer originally and I just looked through them to no avail. There is a overclocking program called turbogear that game with it, and when I used to turn it to gaming mode the computer sounded like a monster when the fans revved up and stayed there, now they stay the same speed reguardless.