I7-860, P55-UD3 Won't Post

Hello!

I built an I7-860 system about 3 months ago. I had just upped my core clock a bit, and had it stress testing Prime when I went to the gym. I came home and the thing was off. Tried to turn it back on, and it started for a moment, and turned back off. I breadboarded it, and tried a different PSU, with the same results, I also tried removing all but 1 stick of RAM, along with changing slots, with no luck. I get the same beep pattern regardless, it is several very fast beeps, for about 1 second, then either shuts off, or repeats again.

My system is:
i7-860
Gigabyte PA-P55-UD3
8 gig kingston 1600 DDR3 Ram
BFG 275 GTX

at the time of the meltdown:
QPI voltage: 1.31
CPU voltage 1.35
multiplier: x22
BLCK: 182
RAM voltage 1.64
RAM clock: 1820

It was running right around 4Ghz, I think around 4.07Ghz

I've got it down to either being the mobo or the CPU. I know my CPU voltages where high, but I didn't think they were high enough to cause this kind of damage. While stress testing with Prime, I run right around 80C (I have HT on)

The beeps from the speaker are very fast, and I cannot tell if they are constant pitch (meaning a power problem, which I assume would mean a short in the mobo since I tried a different PS)

or if they are high/low, meaning a CPU issue.

Thanks a ton four your help!
5 answers Last reply
More about post
  1. Did you clear the CMOS and try it?
  2. I did. Although I just used the jumper. I have the battery out now, will try putting it back in in an hour or so.
  3. Quote:

The beeps from the speaker are very fast, and I cannot tell if they are constant pitch (meaning a power problem, which I assume would mean a short in the mobo since I tried a different PS)

Your motherboard manual should have information regarding the beeps, somewhere in the troubleshooting section.

Did you check the temperatures at the overclock?
  4. yea they were right around 80C before I left (under full load, with HT on). I'm about 90% sure its the mobo at this point, I ordered a new one today, should be here tomorrow, so hopefully that fixes the problem.
  5. Do post the results with your new mobo.
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel i7 Overclocking