ASUS p6T deluxe

Hello

I am hoping someone can please point me the right direction with an issues I am having.

current set-up is i7 920 ontop of the ASUS p6t deluxe board
using 6gb of Corsair XMS DDR3 TR3X6G1333C9
500GB and 1.5TB seagate HD's (Sata)
LG DVD player (Sata)

right now the only think hook-ed up is HDD's and DVD player and between 1-3 chips of memory, as I swap them out, reboot and pray.

I don't know if this is a bios issue, HDD issue or DVD issue, but what happens is when I boot up to install Vista 64, I get the black and white screen with "Loading files". Both HDD and DVD's light is flickering. Once that's complete, I get the color little loader bar with the window logo, from there it launches into the blue windows background. That's were it ends. All I get is the blue background, no text, images, nothing. It hangs there.

Any thoughts? I am thinking some sort of device problem - since it seems like a "lock-up" or freeze. Could be memory??? or would you say this is a bio issue? I've tried using from 1-3 chips when booting, disconnected everything but main power to board and HS, HDD and DVD player.

I'm stumped, tired, edgy, and on the verge of screaming :o

BTW, just installed Vista to a thumbdrive, going to give that a shot
4 answers Last reply
More about asus deluxe
  1. 1) Did you install the 3 sticks of ram in the Orange slots like the instructions tell you to? It is not otherwise obvious to do this.
    2) Run memtest 86+ for a pass or two to verivy that the ram is all good.
  2. Thanks for the response!
    Yes, I put all three sticks in the orange slots.

I will google memtest 86 and check it out!
  3. Take a look at your install disk to make sure there aren't any scratches on it.
  4. Quote:
    right now the only think hook-ed up is HDD's and DVD player and between 1-3 chips of memory, as I swap them out, reboot and pray.

Do you have a Graphic card installed??? If so, then follow below directions and if not. Then install a Graphic card also and floow below directions.

Try it with just 1 stick of ram in the first orange slot that is nearest to the CPU. Also below is a Forum for Asus users, go check it out and if you need any more questions answer. Please register and ask away!!!
    http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?board_id=1&model=P6T+Deluxe&SLanguage=en-us

My last build was a ASUS P6T Deluxe w/OC Palm, with 12gb Corsair Dom. 1600 and I only used 1 stick in the orange slot to install mt Vista Ult. 64-bit OS.

Good Luck!!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Hard Drives Motherboards