services - cannot start task scheduler

Hi, I stopped task scheduler in the services section of
administrative tools. When I tried to restart it, I
received the error:
Could not start the Task Scheduler service on Local
Computer.
Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because
it is disabled or becuase it has no enabled devices
associated with it.

I am using xp pro.

Thanks,

jon
2 answers Last reply
More about services start task scheduler

    "proxybox" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Hi, I stopped task scheduler in the services section of
    >administrative tools. When I tried to restart it, I
    >received the error:
    >Could not start the Task Scheduler service on Local
    >Computer.
    >Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because
    >it is disabled or becuase it has no enabled devices
    >associated with it.

    Check the settings for the service in the Control Panel >
    Administrative Tools > Services. You can start the service from here
    as well.

    --
    (tm)

    Start | Run | Type: services.msc | OK |
    Scroll down to and double click: Task Scheduler |
    Set the Startup type to Automatic | click Apply | click the Start
    button | OK

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:5c0701c42d8d$7cfab3e0$a301280a@phx.gbl,
    proxybox <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi, I stopped task scheduler in the services section of
    > administrative tools. When I tried to restart it, I
    > received the error:
    > Could not start the Task Scheduler service on Local
    > Computer.
    > Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because
    > it is disabled or becuase it has no enabled devices
    > associated with it.
    >
    > I am using xp pro.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > jon