services - cannot start task scheduler

Hi, I stopped task scheduler in the services section of
administrative tools. When I tried to restart it, I
received the error:
Could not start the Task Scheduler service on Local
Computer.
Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because
it is disabled or becuase it has no enabled devices
associated with it.

I am using xp pro.

Thanks,

jon

"proxybox" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi, I stopped task scheduler in the services section of
>administrative tools. When I tried to restart it, I
>received the error:
>Could not start the Task Scheduler service on Local
>Computer.
>Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because
>it is disabled or becuase it has no enabled devices
>associated with it.

Check the settings for the service in the Control Panel >
Administrative Tools > Services. You can start the service from here
as well.

--
(tm)

Start | Run | Type: services.msc | OK |
Scroll down to and double click: Task Scheduler |
Set the Startup type to Automatic | click Apply | click the Start
button | OK

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes