CPU help...

kenjy9295

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
Hey, my friend thought it would be cool to overclock my processor so it could be "way" faster that his friends. as he did that my computer froze up, restarted, and went back to normal. i thought "oh ok nothing happened" so i went into cpu-Z and checked my processor to if it was still oc'd. as i saw it was fine the speed was back to normal but the core voltage was double what it was supposed to be. i need to get this reversed. any suggestions? (btw i have intel pentium dual core e2200 and stock mobo, so changing anything through bios is out of the picture.)

G

short the clear cmos on the motherboard this will reset your bios it has 3 pins

G

try running cpuid hardware monitor in windows to see ur real core voltages its very good program

kenjy9295

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
The manufacturer is foxconn and the model is "napa-gl8e" there was nothing on the foxconn website so I went to hp's website and they had one update to the bios but it was just for updating to windows 7

kenjy9295

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
he overclocked it from inside windows on nvidia ntune, also when i booted up my computer it loaded all my settings and then restarted then started again and when it finished loading everything, my computer deleted some of my documents and games, whats up with that? is it because of my processor?