Last response: in Storage
August 11, 2010 3:09:39 AM

Build:
ASUS P6X58D-E LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s
Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield 2.8GHz LGA 1366
G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s
OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SATA II

The title sums it up, i booted my ssd with windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and the local disk (C: Drive) would be on the ssd, making it so i had like 30 GB to use for photos and games (not good...

I was wondering if there was a way to make the ssd only boot, and somehow make my hdd the local disk C: drive...or to some how combine the two drives in C: drive...obviously i'm new to this and would appreciate your help
August 11, 2010 9:14:41 AM

1. Boot order in BIOS

2. Master partition will always be C: and the data HDD will be D: and so on

3. Manually set all the downloaded files, and other documents such as my documents to the data HDD. They will go automatically to the data HDD after the settings.

4. For programs (for example games) you can install it to certain destination but make sure to choose advance options during installation. Please pay attention, all programs which are installed not on the SSD will never take advantage of the SSD's speed. I would rather place all the programs also on the SSD.

5. 2 C: drives is not possible.
a c 351 G Storage
August 11, 2010 3:15:31 PM

You can reclaim some space on your SSD by setting the page file (virtual Memory) to Drive "D" that shou give you an extra 6 gigs on your SSD, also disable hibernation wil save another (approx) 4 gigs ( need to run (Windows disk cleanup after disabling it).

Your Files (ie music) should go on the HDD anyway. You only want the operating system and programs on your SSD (C Drive).
Related resources
August 11, 2010 9:52:12 PM

ok thanks guys...i'll try it out and see how it goes...might be hearing from me again tho :p 
August 12, 2010 6:37:59 AM

Yup...just diactivate hibernation completely...you won't need it anyway, since SSD is fast enough even by complete new start booting.

I would turn off also the recovery stuff. Create your own recovery stuff manually using other programs and put it on the HDD.
!