Laptop Intel 4500 ok for ocasional games ie Sims etc

meodowla

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
And what resolution does your laptop support?

Intel designed the GMA X4500 to be 200% faster than the GMA 3100 (G33 chipset) in 3DMark06 performance and 70% faster than the GMA X3500 (G35 chipset).

The difference between the GMA X4500 and the GMA X4500HD is that the GMA X4500HD is capable of "full 1080p high-definition video playback, including Blu-ray disc movies", the GMA X4500 however does not have that capability.

As 'Maziar' said, they are not good on gaming.

Ok well im really undecided as to resolution but i figure 1440 x 900 if i can get something that can handle it ok, anything from 15.4 to 17 i guess.
First up im in the UK and would like some guidance on where to buy if anyone has any ideas/recomendations etc.
I have done quite a bit of research so have read the product info but cant find any actual comparisons that feature the 4500 chipset. Cant even find a review of it, lots of people are confusing it with the standard chip (i think), ie not the mobile version(is it differant to the desktop one)?
Its the wife that wants to play the sims 3 when it comes out and it really needs to run it ok or i will have to give over time on my system to her :cry: Apart from the Sims 3 it probably wont touch another game and is annoying they dont put out full requirements, X3100 minimum is all they are saying so far.
Whats your thoughts on a HD3450/3470 ? Its going to cost an extra £100 ish which i think is just plain wrong but hopefully i can find a good deal. Also any recomendations on minimum CPU ?
Thanks
Mactronix