Sign in with
Your question
Solved

EVGA GTX 470 Superclocked " SLi "

Last response: in Overclocking
August 11, 2010 10:27:24 AM

Anyone have any Info on Benchmark tests for the GTX 470 SC "SLi" ( not just the single card but 2) , Temps, power consumption, performance, Etc...
Looked everywhere cant find anything, I NEED TO KNOW?!
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 11, 2010 10:59:09 AM

The SC means SuperClocked, and is effectively a very small overclock, the benchmarks will be very similar. The performance will be a few frames higher at best in some games, and the power consumption and heat will be a bit greater.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 11, 2010 7:41:21 PM

Just downgrade then to the SC 460GTX SLI they aren't as hot and scale well to a 480GTX If you really worry about heat and want the practically same performance (sort of) Just get Crossfire 5850.... I really don't understand SC and normal when you can easily OC way past the SC clocks, even with its heat.
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 11, 2010 11:13:14 PM

Namagoroshi said:
yea that not gonna work for me i need real info, and im not so sre about it being so much as warmer
http://news.softpedia.com/news/EVGA-GTX-470-SuperClocke...

He is right, the difference in frames is very minimal because the factory "overclocked" cards are barely even overclocked. The only real difference between the cards is the backplate... in which case you can deduct the temp difference.

2 x 460's would be ideal if the heat of the other cards would be unbearable for you.

In my mind the $30 price jump from a SuperClocked card to a reference card is most definitely not worth it considering you'd basically be paying $30 for a backplate.
August 19, 2010 6:11:23 AM

Best answer selected by Namagoroshi.
m
l
!