Your question

M2n78-la northbrigde thermal grease

Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b α HP
a b K Overclocking
August 11, 2010 8:46:56 PM

Should I have used Arctic Silver on the NVidia northbridge in my HP a6720f? It wasn't working right and no one on any forum had an answer--expect throw it away and get a new one.

I really want to save this machine, but frankly the Arctic Silver just made it WORSE! Can this machine be saved? It doesn't detect storage drives, either HD or DVD burner at startup. (Not even the BIOS can see them). But only about 75% of the time. The rest of the time Windows 7 will boot normally and run normally for a while. Then it will suddenly slow to a crawl and finally I give up and turn it off.This is very frustrating for me! I love my HP a6720f! It's my only friend. But I think I should have used something a little less conductive. For electricity, I mean. I've done everything I and the friendly Hindus at Gateway could suggest and they have declared my PC is broken and needs to be sent in for repair. DUH! I do not want to waste more money. Can somebody make a suggestion?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b α HP
a b K Overclocking
September 6, 2010 8:07:34 PM

Replace the motherboard. The problem is in the nVidia northbridge chipset, which everything passes through. I replaced mine with a Gigabyte board and have not had any more issues. This is the one I used: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
m
l
!