4850x2 2gb Install package failure

When Installing catalyst I get the message Application Install: install package failure. It happens when it gets to the ATI catalyst Install Manager part of the install. Any ideas on how to get this to work. I have tried using ever version available for Vista 64 bit and I get the same problem with every try.
10 answers Last reply
More about 4850x2 install package failure
  1. Try manually installing the driver.

Go into device manager, select the video adapter and browse where you put the drivers.
  2. How do you manually install. I am looking at the device manage right now.
  3. It says I have a problem with standard VGA adapter now when I did it. Also device couldn't start (code 10)
  4. Ok first run driver sweeper or something just to make sure its completely clean.

You can get it here:
    http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

after that restart.

Then go into device manager, select display adapters.
    Right click on the adapter (should be standard VGA)> properties>driver>update driver>browse for software

Also I would use the current 9.2 version direct from ati
  5. Browse where for software? The internet for my C files?
  6. wherever you downloaded and expanded the drivers too
  7. I got my card working but not catalyst. Is that a problem?
  8. Download the latest version from amd.com and install that. You should run driver sweeper first otherwise you may run into issues.

-mcg
  9. Well, I ran into the same problem... Got Install package failure and a new one. Driver Install: the INF file was not found
  10. Catalyst is not as big a deal as the actual driver I would not think. Go to device manager, then right click on the card, and update driver. Once you get in there, tell it you have a disk, then navigate to where you downloaded the drivers too, and pick the .inf file, and tell it to open, it should allow you to at least use your card.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Catalyst Windows Vista Graphics