Sign in with
Your question

4850x2 2gb Install package failure

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 1, 2009 5:01:26 PM

When Installing catalyst I get the message Application Install: install package failure. It happens when it gets to the ATI catalyst Install Manager part of the install. Any ideas on how to get this to work. I have tried using ever version available for Vista 64 bit and I get the same problem with every try.
March 1, 2009 5:12:27 PM

Try manually installing the driver.

Go into device manager, select the video adapter and browse where you put the drivers.
March 1, 2009 5:15:23 PM

How do you manually install. I am looking at the device manage right now.
Related resources
March 1, 2009 5:17:31 PM

It says I have a problem with standard VGA adapter now when I did it. Also device couldn't start (code 10)
March 1, 2009 5:28:02 PM

Ok first run driver sweeper or something just to make sure its completely clean.

You can get it here:
http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

after that restart.

Then go into device manager, select display adapters.
Right click on the adapter (should be standard VGA)> properties>driver>update driver>browse for software

Also I would use the current 9.2 version direct from ati
March 1, 2009 5:38:48 PM

Browse where for software? The internet for my C files?
March 1, 2009 5:41:07 PM

wherever you downloaded and expanded the drivers too
March 1, 2009 6:06:49 PM

I got my card working but not catalyst. Is that a problem?
March 1, 2009 6:32:25 PM

Download the latest version from amd.com and install that. You should run driver sweeper first otherwise you may run into issues.

-mcg
March 1, 2009 7:37:49 PM

Well, I ran into the same problem... Got Install package failure and a new one. Driver Install: the INF file was not found
a b U Graphics card
March 1, 2009 8:25:21 PM

Catalyst is not as big a deal as the actual driver I would not think. Go to device manager, then right click on the card, and update driver. Once you get in there, tell it you have a disk, then navigate to where you downloaded the drivers too, and pick the .inf file, and tell it to open, it should allow you to at least use your card.
!