Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking the 1055t,

Last response: in Overclocking
August 11, 2010 10:54:43 PM

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, and would like to start off with a few questions.

First off, This is going to be my first computer rig, and I am purchasing it on a limit, The limit is $1k, but all of this most likely is me just jabbing on, with no addition to the question at hand.

I will be purchasing the 1055t, and I want to know a few things about the cpu before I go and spend hard earned cash on it.

1. I want to OC this cpu to 4.0ghz, or at least near that, so how far can I get on air, without messing with voltages.
2. Considering I will be overclocking this cpu to near 4.0ghz what cooler would you suggest to keep temps low. (Please note I am on a small budget and I want this cpu and it's cooler to last.)
3. Would you suggest this product for gaming/multitasking.

Well that's hopefully it, Thanks for your time.

Will reply to most answers.

Have a good one.

More about : overclocking 1055t

a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
a c 103 à CPUs
August 11, 2010 11:12:05 PM

1. If you want to get 4GHz you need to mess with voltages you most likely won't get much over 3.2GHz with the stock voltage and if you leave it on auto it will most likely overvolt and increase the temps to high to overclock very high. 3.8-4GHz should me no problem with a good cooler but you need to change the voltage just keep an eye on the temps and don't go over 1.5V (1.55 if you want to take a bit of a chance and the temps are OK)
2. There are a number of good options around $50-60 see http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm for some of the best if you want something a bit cheaper the coolmaster hyper 212+ is nearly as good as some of the best and if you look around you may get one <$30.
3. Yes is the short answer, just for gaming the 955 would be as good as for multitasking you would need to explain more.
m
l
August 11, 2010 11:52:44 PM

simon12 said:
1. If you want to get 4GHz you need to mess with voltages you most likely won't get much over 3.2GHz with the stock voltage and if you leave it on auto it will most likely overvolt and increase the temps to high to overclock very high. 3.8-4GHz should me no problem with a good cooler but you need to change the voltage just keep an eye on the temps and don't go over 1.5V (1.55 if you want to take a bit of a chance and the temps are OK)
2. There are a number of good options around $50-60 see http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm for some of the best if you want something a bit cheaper the coolmaster hyper 212+ is nearly as good as some of the best and if you look around you may get one <$30.
3. Yes is the short answer, just for gaming the 955 would be as good as for multitasking you would need to explain more.

Alright thank you for your valuable information.

I recently read a thread here that shows something worth looking at.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-phenom-ii-x6-10...

this post shows that mw2, benefits extremely from a 6 core processor vs a 4 core that has a higher speed.

Assuming this applies to a small amount of games now, within a year it should be 4 core minimum for a good gaming rig, so 6 will be beneficial within 1-3 years, at least in gaming.

Thanks for your post.
m
l
Related resources
August 12, 2010 12:02:32 AM

What do you think about the frio? Will that keep it cool when it's around 4ghz?
m
l
a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
a c 103 à CPUs
August 12, 2010 9:26:39 AM

I will be doing my own tests of various coolers this weekend as I am going to be selling some in the UK and the Thermaltake Frio is one of them also the Coolmaster Hyper TX3, 212+ & Spire Thermax Eclipse II. So lookout for my post showing results shortly.
m
l
!