Sign in with
Your question

MB MS7168 V1.C ORION PB PDN 6956360300

Last response: in Motherboards
July 5, 2009 2:53:22 PM

I have an old PC that my mum is using for internet and movies ^_^ ,but one day it froze on her after the restart it started acting strange. Even Bios didn't want to work. I stripped it from components to see which one is wrong, first I thought its the hard drives since it would stop on Loading Master Drive, but I checked it on my main PC and the Hard Discs were fine. So I stripped the whole thing and when I turned the motherboard around I noticed that there is a small black area, u can see below.

Bottom left btw :D 

Plus some of the capacitors look like they have popped.
So I am trying to find a new motherboard to replace.

It has to be compatible with
AMD 64 Athlon 3700+
1GB DDR Ram, 400
ATI Radeon x600

The old Motherboard is ( I hope :D  )
MB MS7168 V1.C ORION PB PDN 6956360300

Thank you in advance!

PS. I noticed that the black area is right under the Hard Disc plugs, there are 4 of them. It seems like 2 or 1 plug is intacted. When I try running my HD with the intact Plug it actually gets somewhere but I get an error

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM

I tried to find solution and found out that the problem might be bios, which actually wont come up o_O
Tried flashing it with the help of jumper, but no avail. I think I have to install it? Dit it burn out?? :D  :D 
July 10, 2009 8:45:45 AM

Yes it did unfortunately :(  Time to get a new one! What are other components? Maybe you can get a cheap replacement that supports what you currently have...
a c 435 V Motherboard
July 10, 2009 11:25:42 AM

3b tech has 2 socket 754 boards for $19-21. One might work for you.
July 10, 2009 2:09:58 PM

Thanks for help guys I ordered one already, waiting for it to come :) 
!