Motherboard does not post but it boots!!!

mtyler7807

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2008
THe problem is strange. I have a Asus m4n82 and the board does not post but it boots up fine. It is strange. I reset the bios but pulling battery out for 20 minutes and haveing the power cable out to be onn the safe side. after that did not do anything the I went a ahead and flash the bios from windows to a newer version successfully. rebooted and the same thing. Is there a short cut key to reenable this feature or is there something wrong. Strange problem right.

Swivelguy

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
It's not exactly clear what you mean when you say it "doesn't POST," but I assume you mean that you don't see any of the startup screens, it just goes straight to loading windows. It sounds like you have Quick Boot enabled. Try pressing DEL a lot while booting up and see if that gets you into the BIOS menu.

If that works, go to Boot -> Boot Settings Configuration -> Quick Boot and disable it.

mtyler7807

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2008
You are correct in saying that but I already tried that.
This is how it is.
1. I turn the computer on
2. the power comes on and the harddrive light flash like it should. Still the monitor does not turn on.
3. As some as the windows Vista logo is loaded the monitor turns on
4. After the windows screen is up then windows loads fine. and I still get 15000 in 3dmark06.

Strangest problem that I have ever seen.

Swivelguy

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
It could also be a monitor issue then. Try lowering your resolution to something small and rebooting, and try a different monitor if you have one available.