MyBook Elite 2TB drive Not accessible

deluzionfx

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
So i have a 2TB Mybook Elite External HD, It was working fine with my laptop that i originally installed it on with the original software. I sold my laptop today and tried installing the drivers etc on another PC. The HD will not show up in my computer. It shows up in disk management as Unallocated space. I assigned a drive letter to it, and it now shows up in my computer, when i click it. Says the drive must be reformated. I used WD Lifeguard to check if the drive was ok and it passed all tests. So how can i access the files on my drive? I've tried on Win7, XP, Vista. All same problems, I've tried connecting the HD directly to my pc VIA SATA and still the same problem. On my other laptop when i first installed it everytime i would plug in, an unlock window would pop up for my password and then everything would be ok. But now no luck.. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

From what I understand the drive does not function in the computer that it worked in orgionally? If it doesnt work on any computer that it is possible something got corrupted on the drive itself and the system only sees it as unallocated space, which you would need to format and partition.

But before you do anything, when you plug the drive in is there another way to open the WD Lifeguard tools (like in the start menu) and see if you can "unlock" the drive that way.

dconn_iw

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013