(2)I'm wondering how this memory is possible.

While playing with one of my families,I happened to be looking through
the memories.And in one of the sims,I saw something like"Amin got
married".Amin is a towny,and I didn't have anyone propose to him.I don't
even have him in any of my houses.This happened in one of my custom
neighborhoods.
Munch.

munch simmons wrote:
> While playing with one of my families,I happened to be looking through
> the memories.And in one of the sims,I saw something like"Amin got
> married".Amin is a towny,and I didn't have anyone propose to him.I don't
> even have him in any of my houses.This happened in one of my custom
> neighborhoods.
> Munch.

I've had Sims remember things that happened when they were toddlers and
infants, i.e., "Daddy was caught cheating," or "Mommy died." Sims
memories are weird.

--
--Cuth

>> While playing with one of my families,I happened to be looking
through
>> the memories.And in one of the sims,I saw something like"Amin got
>> married".Amin is a towny,and I didn't have anyone propose to him.I
>> don't even have him in any of my houses.This happened in one of my
>> custom neighborhoods.
>> Munch.

>I want to know who the "mystery sim" is that is in the memories of
every
>single sim I create and put into the game, at least in Pleasantville.
They
>will all say they "had first kiss with mystery sim" or "fell in love
with
>mystery sim" or "did woohoo with mystery sim." At first I figured the

>"mystery sim" must be Brandi Broke which might explain where all those
kids
>came from, but it's the same for men or women sims.

It's nobody really. For some reason Maxis decided to put memories in to
represent the sims past. Makes a bit of sense for parent and kids, they
always have, "Did woohoo with X" and "Had Y" but for lone sims it seems
a bit pointless.

munch simmons <hibbasimmons@webtv.net> wrote:

> While playing with one of my families,I happened to be looking through
> the memories.And in one of the sims,I saw something like"Amin got
> married".Amin is a towny,and I didn't have anyone propose to him.I
> don't even have him in any of my houses.This happened in one of my
> custom neighborhoods.

Did you moved the family from a neighborhood to another? This is the
same thing that happened to me: I've moved a family from Pleasantview to
a custom neighborhood and, for example, all the Sims in death memories
were different.

--
CCL

Crazy Cat Lady wrote:Did you moved the family from a neighborhood to
another? This is the same thing that happened to me: I've moved a family
from Pleasantview to a custom neighborhood and, for example, all the
Sims in death memories were different.

No,I never moved that family to another neighborhood.The strange thing
is,I guess a towny married another towny on their own.Weird.
Munch.

munch simmons wrote:
> While playing with one of my families,I happened to be looking through
> the memories.And in one of the sims,I saw something like"Amin got
> married".Amin is a towny,and I didn't have anyone propose to him.I
> don't even have him in any of my houses.This happened in one of my
> custom neighborhoods.
> Munch.

I want to know who the "mystery sim" is that is in the memories of every
single sim I create and put into the game, at least in Pleasantville. They
will all say they "had first kiss with mystery sim" or "fell in love with
mystery sim" or "did woohoo with mystery sim." At first I figured the
"mystery sim" must be Brandi Broke which might explain where all those kids
came from, but it's the same for men or women sims.

Jeanie

"BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message At first I
figured the

>>"mystery sim" must be Brandi Broke which might explain where all those
> kids
>>came from, but it's the same for men or women sims.
>
> It's nobody really. For some reason Maxis decided to put memories in to
> represent the sims past. Makes a bit of sense for parent and kids, they
> always have, "Did woohoo with X" and "Had Y" but for lone sims it seems
> a bit pointless.

About as pointless as newly created adults, or worse, elders, arriving in
the game without even the ability to cook a TV dinner.
I know the user boolprop cheats makes it possible to tweak your new Sims to
give them a smattering of past knowledge but it is a pity adults and elders
aren't given a few random settings, for those who don;t cheat.

Somebody, elsewhere mentioned memories by toddlers? I have just had a prime
example of this. Remember my Crazed Doctor and his impregnation machine? We
the one daddy, after giving birth, picked up his baby and ran home again as
fast as his wobbly legs would go, leaving behind two other half-clone
sisters of the baby... If you see what I mean. Three sisters now, actually.

Well I played the daddy family enough to get the child to school but tonight
went back to the Crazed Doctor, whose children are now all toddlers, by
three different people, and all of these toddlers know the absent brother
got A+ in school. Amazing, considering daddy hasn't spoken to the doc
since - not surprising, really.

It's the Midwitch Cuckoos, I tell you.

Granny.

There's a patch at MTS2 to stop telepathic memories occurring - like the one
where everybody has met a baby just born into the family even though nobody
has been anywhere near it.

MM

> There's a patch at MTS2 to stop telepathic memories occurring - like the
> one
> where everybody has met a baby just born into the family even though
> nobody
> has been anywhere near it.
>
> MM

Is there!! I really should go there more often. Or better, go there and read
something now and then. I always get lost, then annoyed, then bounce away
muttering under my breath.

GCA

>There yov go - a direct link. I know it can be really hard to find
something
>at MTS2 even if yov know that it exists becavse the search fvnction
only
>operates on whole words and not partials - so yov need to match what
was
>written exactly or yov'll get no match - it's a real pain in the
glvtevs
>maximvs.

Thanks, there's also a mod to stop family revnions memories. Another
annoying pointless memory Maxis pvt in.

And while on the svbject of MTS2 has anybody else fovnd it chronically
slow recently? Ever other Sims 2 website speeds along bvt MTS2 seems to
grind to a halt on my PC.

>About as pointless as newly created adults, or worse, elders, arriving
in
>the game without even the ability to cook a TV dinner.
>I know the user boolprop cheats makes it possible to tweak your new
Sims to
>give them a smattering of past knowledge but it is a pity adults and
elders
>aren't given a few random settings, for those who don't cheat.

Or allow you to pick the sims interest. The game randomises it when
first put a sim into a game. So, if you make a teenage girl who should
be into boys and cloths the game makes her a bi sc-fi nerd! Arrrgh.

* Fires up SimPe *

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=34250&highlight=telepathic

There you go - a direct link. I know it can be really hard to find something
at MTS2 even if you know that it exists because the search function only
operates on whole words and not partials - so you need to match what was
written exactly or you'll get no match - it's a real pain in the gluteus
maximus.

--
MM
This has been an useless statement bought to you by the woman who once

> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=34250&highlight=telepathic
>
> There you go - a direct link. I know it can be really hard to find
> something
> at MTS2 even if you know that it exists because the search function only
> operates on whole words and not partials - so you need to match what was
> written exactly or you'll get no match - it's a real pain in the gluteus
> maximus.

8)))))

Got it. I mean the download, not the pain.

GCA