DVD2PPC or Pocket DVD

August 19, 2004 1:19:50 PM

is anyone successfully running either of these programs
i would dearly like to get one of them to work and will happily pay
for it
first DVD2PPC
i installed the software on my pc - around 3 times in fact
i put the DVD in the machine, select the DVD and - NOTHING
then comes the usual "program not responding"
I have been thru the FAQ's, found this seems to be quite a comon
problem
one theory is not enough memory - i got plenty
another is to open options and reset all - thats always greyed out
another is to open options and special then "run step 2"
that tells me it cant find a dvd or some such message
these are answers from the software people

i then gave up on that and tried pocket dvd studio
downloaded software and also the player and loaded in on to the PPC
demo seems to work , downloads a small movie, i put it on my cf card
and stick it in the machine
i open the player, click open/file/cf card, tap the avi file
and the POOF - player dissapears and shuts down
can someone please please help me with getting either of these 2 progs
to work
i dont care which one although i guess DVD2PPC may be better and i
dont need to install another player on the ppc
oh BTW when i try to install the player on the PPC to run Pocket DVD
studio the install.exe file never works, i always have to copy the cab
file over to the PPC and run it from there, could that be my problem
thanks in advance guys, i really want to get one of these 2 progs to
work
stan

More about : dvd2ppc pocket dvd

Anonymous
August 19, 2004 5:07:02 PM

Hello!
I have a Hp h5150 pocket pc running pocket DVD studio and find that it a
very good program.
Make sure though you "kill" all applications running that are not needed (
i find this a pain to do!) as I find that it requires alot of system
resources.
Install the software on the computer with the DVD drive (Quite easy to use!)
and then you should be away.
I am assuming that you have all the latest Sync stuff; WMP10 Tech beta,
using Outlook 2002, One note2003, Activesync3.7, Microsoft Pocket PC
V4.20.1081 I have had no trouble!
And the pocket DVD studio I have is the limited 8 minute demo, I will
definently be getting that program in the future (need a bigger SD card!).
It is great i find to do the "chop" of the DVD you want to watch and then
explore the device through Activesync and simply drag and drop the encoded
file the desktop software provides.
Great for those scenes of the DVD you just don't have time to watch, whip
them on the pocket PC and watch on they way to take the DVD back! Not while
driving the car though :) .
Personal favorite is the latest Led Zep one, display picture as large as the
screen and brilliant sound (so so on the pocket "speakers", amazing with
Sennheiser headphones :)  or any other.) for the size of the device.
I think that the files must be encoded by the Pocket DVD studio Desktop
software, but I think thats fair enough for such a top program!
WMP10 TB is great as well, you have it all there for you, plenty of sync
options to keep anyone happy in a well layed out fashion and very good
flexibility in setup.
Get the personal licence wizard for your purchased content and it rocks!
Create playlists simply, wild visualisations( Personal fav G force) and i'm
one happy camper.
! crash in 2 months from WMP10 TB is pretty bloody good if you ask me! My
toolbar dissapeared without trace(?) and I had to download the program again
but it is a small price to pay for a great program :)  !

Bravo Microsoft!

Sorry for the long post,

Hope my ramblings have been a help!

BTW, I don't work for or have any affiliation with the mentioned companies,
just use and love the programs!

Hope I have not broken any rules as this is my first post!
"S. WATSON" wrote:

> is anyone successfully running either of these programs
> i would dearly like to get one of them to work and will happily pay
> for it
> first DVD2PPC
> i installed the software on my pc - around 3 times in fact
> i put the DVD in the machine, select the DVD and - NOTHING
> then comes the usual "program not responding"
> I have been thru the FAQ's, found this seems to be quite a comon
> problem
> one theory is not enough memory - i got plenty
> another is to open options and reset all - thats always greyed out
> another is to open options and special then "run step 2"
> that tells me it cant find a dvd or some such message
> these are answers from the software people
>
> i then gave up on that and tried pocket dvd studio
> downloaded software and also the player and loaded in on to the PPC
> demo seems to work , downloads a small movie, i put it on my cf card
> and stick it in the machine
> i open the player, click open/file/cf card, tap the avi file
> and the POOF - player dissapears and shuts down
> can someone please please help me with getting either of these 2 progs
> to work
> i dont care which one although i guess DVD2PPC may be better and i
> dont need to install another player on the ppc
> oh BTW when i try to install the player on the PPC to run Pocket DVD
> studio the install.exe file never works, i always have to copy the cab
> file over to the PPC and run it from there, could that be my problem
> thanks in advance guys, i really want to get one of these 2 progs to
> work
> stan

Anonymous
August 21, 2004 1:14:18 PM

thanks for the replies guys
i am going to have another go at it this weekend
i do have all the lastest sruff you mentioned
i have just remembered, i have an old dell axim 5 that i dont use any
more, and its almost empty, i took out all the added programs which i
switched to a new hp2210 so i think i'lll try them on that
maybe there is some issue with the hp machine
thanks for the replies and wish me luck
stan
On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:07:02 -0700, detsan
<detsan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello!
>I have a Hp h5150 pocket pc running pocket DVD studio and find that it a
>very good program.
>Make sure though you "kill" all applications running that are not needed (
>i find this a pain to do!) as I find that it requires alot of system
>resources.
>Install the software on the computer with the DVD drive (Quite easy to use!)
>and then you should be away.
>I am assuming that you have all the latest Sync stuff; WMP10 Tech beta,
>using Outlook 2002, One note2003, Activesync3.7, Microsoft Pocket PC
>V4.20.1081 I have had no trouble!
>And the pocket DVD studio I have is the limited 8 minute demo, I will
>definently be getting that program in the future (need a bigger SD card!).
>It is great i find to do the "chop" of the DVD you want to watch and then
>explore the device through Activesync and simply drag and drop the encoded
>file the desktop software provides.
>Great for those scenes of the DVD you just don't have time to watch, whip
>them on the pocket PC and watch on they way to take the DVD back! Not while
>driving the car though :) .
>Personal favorite is the latest Led Zep one, display picture as large as the
>screen and brilliant sound (so so on the pocket "speakers", amazing with
>Sennheiser headphones :)  or any other.) for the size of the device.
>I think that the files must be encoded by the Pocket DVD studio Desktop
>software, but I think thats fair enough for such a top program!
>WMP10 TB is great as well, you have it all there for you, plenty of sync
>options to keep anyone happy in a well layed out fashion and very good
>flexibility in setup.
>Get the personal licence wizard for your purchased content and it rocks!
>Create playlists simply, wild visualisations( Personal fav G force) and i'm
>one happy camper.
>! crash in 2 months from WMP10 TB is pretty bloody good if you ask me! My
>toolbar dissapeared without trace(?) and I had to download the program again
>but it is a small price to pay for a great program :)  !
>
> Bravo Microsoft!
>
>Sorry for the long post,
>
>Hope my ramblings have been a help!
>
>BTW, I don't work for or have any affiliation with the mentioned companies,
>just use and love the programs!
>
>Hope I have not broken any rules as this is my first post!
>"S. WATSON" wrote:
>
>> is anyone successfully running either of these programs
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 7:46:06 PM

if you have problems with those applications, you can also try SmartRipper
to rip your DVD's and then make MPEG's using the MPEG Guide located at
http://forum.pocketmovies.net/viewtopic.php?p=3415#3415 .

it works very well, it is totally free, and you can play the video with
PocketTV Classic (free from www.pockettv.com ).

of course ripping your own DVD's may be illegal in some countries, check
your local laws.
Anonymous
August 26, 2004 10:34:23 AM

thanks, i have actually just got it running
for some reason, neither pocket tv or pocketdivx or
MVP would play an .avi file on my PPC
when i converted the file to an .mpeg it worked ok on pockettv but not
the others
i have now downloaded betaplayer and it works fine
must be something on my ppc as this is the only player which works
well and plays the .avi files
thanks to everyone for advice and help
stan

!