bill

i have windows xp,i put a shortcut to search on my
desktop it has always worked until about 2 weeks ago now
when i click on to search nothing happens i can hit run
it works fine but search acts like its locked up somehow
i don't know much about computers so can someone help me
correct this problem when i click on search it
will "stall" my computer for about a minute or two then
reset WHAT HAVE I DONE THANKS

Hi

Try here:

"Why doesn't Search work?"

Courtesy of MVP Kelly.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Bill" <bgv1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:5ead01c42ddd$5644ac60$a301280a@phx.gbl...
| i have windows xp,i put a shortcut to search on my
| desktop it has always worked until about 2 weeks ago now
| when i click on to search nothing happens i can hit run
| it works fine but search acts like its locked up somehow
| i don't know much about computers so can someone help me
| correct this problem when i click on search it
| will "stall" my computer for about a minute or two then
| reset WHAT HAVE I DONE THANKS

---