There's the Thermaltake armor + mx
There's the coolermaster 690
There's the Antec P183

I want a cool quiet case
I'm putting in a amd athlon x2 6000+
8800gt
3gb ram
basically plus a hard drive and stuff but nothing that wont fit in any of these

I'm kinda torn between flashy and conservative but what I need to know is which is best not worrying bout cost

Which is quiet?
Atm i'm leaning towards thermaltake

misry

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
I'm running a 690 with all fan mounts filled and it's not silent but if you don't put something in some of the empty bays I don't see how else you would get a filter on them. The fan controller I'm using let's me get a balance I like between noise and cooling.

ajay000222

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
thanks guys with the antec will cooling be any good and I heard that the way its compartmentilized it can be annoying as you need extension cables.

and with the 690 i was thinking of adding an extra fan to front and one to top
if i chose quiet fans for those two would over all noise be too much.
I'd like it to be pretty quiet like maybe not to audible.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
^ I agree entirely, MISRy. Your point about the filters is exactly why I sealed up the side-fan holes completely on my 690. (I sealed up a few other places, too.) The double-fan opening on the side-panel is just, well, stupid. Front fan blows across my HDDs and the bottom fan blows up towards the video card and CPU.

I'm tempted to get the Dremel out, cut out the side-fan openings, and pop a sheet of acrylic in there. But, I'm not sure the panel itself wouldn't warp. I know for cure that the duct-tape sealing it up does kinda defeat the purpose of having 4 of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999122 LOL

misry

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
I just picked up a couple of lo-doe 140's, (only run at half speed from a controller), and pack of L`Eggs knee-high "dust filter material" from the dollar store. I think it looks good enough to not worry about anymore.