Nforce 780i SLI wont boot with SLI memory engaged

pmcmahan

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
I have a nforce 780 i Intel Quad Core based system ....boots and runs fine ....I added a second e-Gforce 8800GT video card everything went fine ....but when ever I try to activate the SLI memory it freezes and won't boot ...no beeps ...nothing ..just powers on and sits there...led on the MOBO says P1 which is a post boot error I believe...

it's been like this since I built it last year ...just getting around to trying to trouble shoot it.

would realy like to use the SLI memory, that was one of the reasons I chose this board...it's OCZ ram ...all 4 chips are SLI certified ...the only unusual thing is that if you look at the ram in BIOS it says the one bank (2chips) are OCZ the second bank it lists as unknown.

Any help would be appreciated....doesn't matter if both video cards are installed or just one....Ive swapped ram chips around ...it must be one of the settings in BIOS ...the minute you go into bios and enable the SLI memory it freezes and won't boot...

any help or setting would be appreciated. :bounce:

Lavarin

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Try resetting your BIOS to factory settings. Failing that, try to reset the CMOS. You may also have to accept that your motherboard is faulty! :(

pmcmahan

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009

Been there and done both of those and several other things....just thought maybe I needed to unlink the the FSB front the rest in BIOS or some thing...Well the MOB has a lifetime warranty ...maybe I'll be using it....

thanks for the reply :bounce: