Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Intel i7
  • CPUs
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 1, 2009 11:30:37 PM

hey guys. I was wondering what is the best graphics card that i can run with my CPU which is a P4 LGA 775, 3.6GHz 2MB cache. I will upgrade to an core I7 or a quad core sooner or later and i don't want to buy a low end card and then buy another card for when i got my core I7 setup which i don't know when that would be. so i am willing to go to the max as long as my CPU will run it. thanks guys.

More about : graphics card system

March 1, 2009 11:59:42 PM

You can run any graphics card with that CPU what matters is if you have a PCI Express slot(which you probably do if its a LGA 775). The CPU may be a bottleneck for the graphics card but it will still work. Once you get your I7 then you won't have to worry about the bottle neck. Top single GPU cards are Nividia GTX280/285, or ATI Radeon 4870.
March 2, 2009 12:12:04 AM

astrotrain1000 said:
You can run any graphics card with that CPU what matters is if you have a PCI Express slot(which you probably do if its a LGA 775). The CPU may be a bottleneck for the graphics card but it will still work. Once you get your I7 then you won't have to worry about the bottle neck. Top single GPU cards are Nividia GTX280/285, or ATI Radeon 4870.

thanks for the reply, i have PCI Express x 16. not 2.0. this is my the card am looking at:
EVGA
Related resources
March 2, 2009 12:23:57 AM

What kind of power supply do you have? You will probally need a bigger powersupply to go with that card.
March 2, 2009 1:15:09 AM

astrotrain1000 said:
What kind of power supply do you have? You will probally need a bigger powersupply to go with that card.

yea i was wondering about that. It's not the watts am worried about it's the pin connectors. i have a corsair 750W power supply. i know it's an overkill for a P4 setup but i bought it for when am ready to upgrade.
this is it CORSAIR

Oh and this is my motherboard GIGABYTE
March 2, 2009 1:35:55 AM

astrotrain1000 said:
The CPU may be a bottleneck for the graphics card but it will still work. Once you get your I7 then you won't have to worry about the bottle neck.

i thought these new GPUs works with their own CPUs . The EVGA i was looking at has a core clock of 702MGHz that should take some load off my CPU, no?
!