Sign in with
Your question

Horizontal Skipping Lines

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 2, 2009 12:16:04 AM

I recently built a PC, it has a Sapphire 4830 graphics card, Intel E8500 3.1 ghz cpu, Gigabyte EP45-UD3P motherboard, and an ASUS 21.5 inch 2ms LCD screen. When I play certain games, and during certain video clips, there are what seem to be horizontal lines on the screen, it seems like there is some delay in the refresh or something. They are not lines of color, just lines where it seems like the graphics havent been refreshed or something, it is quite hard to explain. Specifically when I play the Portal demo when I move my character from left to right it is very noticable. Also during cutscenes of crysis it is also quite apparent. Other than that it performs quite well, with everything on Gamer settings in Crysis it runs very smooth, and you can barely tell when you are playing, only when you get to certain parts and during cutscenes.

Also when playing games like World of Warcraft it is completely fine no matter how fast I turn my camera, as well as during the cutscenes it is fine.

I have the latest driver for my graphics card, it seems like this shouldnt be happening. Is this a graphic card problem? A monitor problem? I thought a 2ms lcd monitor wouldnt have what seems like refresh issues, but yeah. Anyone have any insight on this?
April 1, 2010 12:55:28 PM

i have the same problem.i also have a samsung 2253bw 2ms monitor.same problems when playing crysis and its normal when playing wow.someone knows hot to fix that
!