TSR downloads

Ok, I've downloaded a pile of stuff (mainly hairstyles and clothing -
but a few objects as well) from the sims resource, unzipped them into a
special Downloads folder in my Sims2 folder, and... they don't appear.

The only things which appear are house (and objects within them like it
or not), floor and wall files (ie files which are self installing).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

~*~
vecki, who really shouldn't be playing any more as Uni started back
today...
7 answers Last reply
More about downloads

    I followed the instructions from TSR...

    C:\Program Files\EAGames\The Sims 2\Downloads is where I have put the
    downloads ( a new folder). No subfolders, no nothing, but they are
    not there. Nowhere. The hair and clothing I downloaded does not
    appear in Create a Sim or Change appearance (yes, I know clothing does
    not appear in Change Appearance :p ). Clothing does not even appear in
    shops.

    I'm not sure if I have the colour enabler or not (don't even know what
    it is?) so don't know if that's why the objects aren't there...

    waaaah.

    ~*~
    vecki, bewildered.

    Only furniture, walls, floors and terrain paint works in separate folders.
    Outfits, skin colors, eye colors, genetics, makeup and other body shop
    things must be put directly into the downloads folder, no sub-folder.
    For objects, did you get the color enabler?
    Providing you did, you will probably need to click the base object in the
    game and use the flyout to choose the recolors. However if it is a new mesh
    it will have it's own thumbnail with a star on it.
    The genetics and other body shop items should be available once you go into
    create-a-sim.

    "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Ok, I've downloaded a pile of stuff (mainly hairstyles and clothing -
    > but a few objects as well) from the sims resource, unzipped them into a
    > special Downloads folder in my Sims2 folder, and... they don't appear.
    >
    > The only things which appear are house (and objects within them like it
    > or not), floor and wall files (ie files which are self installing).
    >
    > Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    >
    > ~*~
    > vecki, who really shouldn't be playing any more as Uni started back
    > today...

    Are they package files?
    In Create-a-Sim, they will be the ones that have the asterick (flower/star)
    on them.
    Are they in the folder at all? Have you looked by way of using Windows
    Explorer or 'My Computer'?

    vecki wrote:

    > I followed the instructions from TSR...
    >
    > C:\Program Files\EAGames\The Sims 2\Downloads is where I have put the
    > downloads ( a new folder). No subfolders, no nothing, but they are
    > not there. Nowhere. The hair and clothing I downloaded does not
    > appear in Create a Sim or Change appearance (yes, I know clothing does
    > not appear in Change Appearance :p ). Clothing does not even appear in
    > shops.

    NOT Program Files. Try My Documents instead. The rest of the line looks
    right.

    -georg

    > vecki wrote:
    >
    > > I followed the instructions from TSR...
    > >
    > > C:\Program Files\EAGames\The Sims 2\Downloads is where I have put the
    > > downloads ( a new folder). No subfolders, no nothing, but they are
    > > not there. Nowhere. The hair and clothing I downloaded does not
    > > appear in Create a Sim or Change appearance (yes, I know clothing does
    > > not appear in Change Appearance :p ). Clothing does not even appear in
    > > shops.
    >
    > NOT Program Files. Try My Documents instead. The rest of the line looks
    > right.
    >
    > -georg

    *Slaps hand on forehead* How did I miss that? LOL
    Thanks for catching that georg :)

    D'oh. Just went and had another look at the instructions.

    *bashes head against wall*

    So much for my reading skills.

    Thank ye muchly :-)

    ~*~
    vecki

    vecki wrote:

    > D'oh. Just went and had another look at the instructions.
    >
    > *bashes head against wall*
    >
    > So much for my reading skills.
    >
    > Thank ye muchly :-)
    >
    > ~*~
    > vecki

    Look! I helped someone! I helped someone!

    -georg
    every now and then I'm useful.

Sims Internet Explorer Games Video Games