WMP 10 beta, WM 2003, SD storage card - can they work toge..

a b G Storage
August 19, 2004 2:11:42 PM

I have downloaded and installed the Windows Media Player 10 technical beta.
I have a Windows Mobile 2003 Phone Edition Pocket PC with a SanDisk 256 MB
SD card with plenty of storage space.

When I look in the "Sync" tab window I can "see" my attached devices
including "Pocket PC" and "Built-in Storage" (both with Pocket PC icons).

What I can't see is the SanDisk 256 MB SD storage card when I want my audio
and video files to reside.

What am I missing? How can I "see" and sync files from WMP 10 and the SD
card on my Pocket PC?

Thanks in advance for any help... Tom Gordon, Riverbend Marketing
Anonymous
a b G Storage
August 19, 2004 8:10:33 PM

It's a known bug with this Beta - I reported in June (trackID
331426356) which was a duplicate. I have the same problem with my Dell
Axim PPC.

I'm gonna check tomorrow with a new build to see if it's been
resolved, the last report was in June so somebody should have it fixed
by now. There are no new public betas though, so you'll have to wait
for the final consumer release.

The only suggestion I got (it might help you but wasn't relevant for
me) do you have more than 32 meg free on the card ? Apparently it
won't copy if there's less than 32 free.

In the meantime, you'll have to transcode to a directory at 48-64k
lets say, then sync manually using windows explorer and ActiveSync to
your device.

HTH
Cheers - Neil

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:11:42 -0400, "Tom Gordon"
<tgordon@riverbendmarketing.cc> wrote:

>I have downloaded and installed the Windows Media Player 10 technical beta.
>I have a Windows Mobile 2003 Phone Edition Pocket PC with a SanDisk 256 MB
>SD card with plenty of storage space.
>
>When I look in the "Sync" tab window I can "see" my attached devices
>including "Pocket PC" and "Built-in Storage" (both with Pocket PC icons).
>
>What I can't see is the SanDisk 256 MB SD storage card when I want my audio
>and video files to reside.
>
>What am I missing? How can I "see" and sync files from WMP 10 and the SD
>card on my Pocket PC?
>
>Thanks in advance for any help... Tom Gordon, Riverbend Marketing

Anonymous
a b G Storage
August 19, 2004 8:10:34 PM

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the response. I'd be interested to know if the new build fixes
it. Please keep me posted. I would think that the release of 10 would be
with the new Microsoft mobile media players, and hopefully that will be
fairly soon.

Best ... Tom Gordon

"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:p rk9i0hs4dpsgh01sttvu7u2gjq1ro1eg5@4ax.com...
> It's a known bug with this Beta - I reported in June (trackID
> 331426356) which was a duplicate. I have the same problem with my Dell
> Axim PPC.
>
> I'm gonna check tomorrow with a new build to see if it's been
> resolved, the last report was in June so somebody should have it fixed
> by now. There are no new public betas though, so you'll have to wait
> for the final consumer release.
>
> The only suggestion I got (it might help you but wasn't relevant for
> me) do you have more than 32 meg free on the card ? Apparently it
> won't copy if there's less than 32 free.
>
> In the meantime, you'll have to transcode to a directory at 48-64k
> lets say, then sync manually using windows explorer and ActiveSync to
> your device.
>
> HTH
> Cheers - Neil
>
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:11:42 -0400, "Tom Gordon"
> <tgordon@riverbendmarketing.cc> wrote:
>
> >I have downloaded and installed the Windows Media Player 10 technical
beta.
> >I have a Windows Mobile 2003 Phone Edition Pocket PC with a SanDisk 256
MB
> >SD card with plenty of storage space.
> >
> >When I look in the "Sync" tab window I can "see" my attached devices
> >including "Pocket PC" and "Built-in Storage" (both with Pocket PC icons).
> >
> >What I can't see is the SanDisk 256 MB SD storage card when I want my
audio
> >and video files to reside.
> >
> >What am I missing? How can I "see" and sync files from WMP 10 and the SD
> >card on my Pocket PC?
> >
> >Thanks in advance for any help... Tom Gordon, Riverbend Marketing

Anonymous
a b G Storage
August 20, 2004 12:05:15 AM

You mean the portable media centers ? Yeah, I think WMV10 is the first
version available that can transcode to these devices. We're waiting
for samples to become available to try them out.

PapaJohn from the Moviemaker forums has a PMC, he's posted a vid of
the Creative PMC in action :
http://www.eicsoftware.com/PapaJohn/BetaTesting/Creativ...

Cheers - Neil

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:49:19 -0400, "Tom Gordon"

!