Sign in with
Your question

H70 fan question

Last response: in Overclocking
August 12, 2010 10:59:05 PM

Looks like Newegg has finally started to list the H70 and I'm 99% sure I'm gonna grab one. I wanted to get some opinions, however, on which fans I should use instead of the Corsair stock fans? I plan on using 2 for push/pull and would like good performing fans with relatively low noise. They don't have to be whisper quiet, but I don't want anything that will sound like a hairdryer as well. Preferably they would be fans Newegg carries so I can purchase everything at once. As always, thanks very much for the help.

More about : h70 fan question

August 13, 2010 12:06:14 AM

Yeah i've been stalking the H70 for a couple days now...Amazon has it for 92 dollars, but it says it'll ship in 1-2 months i wonder which one is accurate. Im not sure, but glad to see new egg finally putting it up! As for the fans i am having the exact same problem, i just posted a question for it also haha...forgot to read through the threads
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 13, 2010 12:18:58 AM

I have a few good suggestions for both of you: Do you have any Db preferences?
m
l
August 13, 2010 12:20:36 AM

I would 100% agree with Davcon, thats what I was thinking of going with as well. Looks like a Epic cooler when on the benchmarks! Good luck to all, msg me if you need any help on install or general questions
m
l
August 13, 2010 12:58:57 AM

I just remember reading that the H70 had a pretty loud dB rating compared to other coolers so that is the problem of the FANs right? not the pump itself? just the fans that were shipped were loud as *** i hope.
m
l
a c 183 K Overclocking
August 13, 2010 1:22:33 AM

JackDaniels10700 said:
I just remember reading that the H70 had a pretty loud dB rating compared to other coolers so that is the problem of the FANs right? not the pump itself? just the fans that were shipped were loud as *** i hope.

True the fans running at 100% are loud as noted in the reviews i read.
However it's mentioned that they can be plugged into your mobo and controlled through your bios with desirable cooling and noise results.
m
l
August 13, 2010 1:28:30 AM

i dont get how the Noctua NH-DH14 ran quieter than the Corsair H70, i mean they both have fans, and they were both used. So my conclusion is its gotta be the fans, i mean the heatsink doesn't make any noise on the Noctua, and the pump can't make that loud of noise for the loop, i hope not.

Anyways since its on Newegg finally, do you think thats means its available in the US finally?
m
l
August 13, 2010 3:01:34 AM

Thanks very much for the responses. My main priority with the fans is that they work well with radiators in terms of cooling followed by noise. Like I said, the fan doesnt have to be silent but I wouldnt want it to be too loud ( > @ 30 dBA). Someone from another board recommended me either the Scythe S-Flex ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ) or the Scythe Ultra Kaze. Regardless, it looks like it will definitely be a Scythe fan, it's just a matter of which one to get...
m
l
August 13, 2010 4:04:10 AM

Goodwidp when do you think the H70 will be available on newegg? cause amazon says it won't ship for 1-2 months, and another website was getting stock around 8/26-9/3 you think Newegg will have it soon?
m
l
August 13, 2010 4:53:10 AM

Honestly Jack, I have no idea. I know Newegg usually lists an item "out of stock" if they are sold out, so maybe they really do have H70s ready to ship. Only one way to find out at this point...
m
l
a c 183 K Overclocking
August 13, 2010 8:57:37 AM

goodwidp said:
Thanks very much for the responses. My main priority with the fans is that they work well with radiators in terms of cooling followed by noise. Like I said, the fan doesnt have to be silent but I wouldnt want it to be too loud ( > @ 30 dBA). Someone from another board recommended me either the Scythe S-Flex ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ) or the Scythe Ultra Kaze. Regardless, it looks like it will definitely be a Scythe fan, it's just a matter of which one to get...

The Ultra Kaze's are louder then one might think and have a large hub=dead spot for cooling.
The S-flex are good but also have a large hub that's why i recommended the Slipstreams.
m
l
August 13, 2010 12:16:33 PM

Man those S-Flex are pretty expensive, about 20 bucks a fan, it seems liek the slipstreams are on sale right now and a great price for 9 dollars a fan right?
m
l
!