jaymee

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2004

Hi

Can anyone provide me with a list of cut scenes? I'm sure I'm missing
out on some vids as I've never had a Sim in that particular situation!

Cheers

"Jaymee" <jaymee@redknapp.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Can anyone provide me with a list of cut scenes? I'm sure I'm missing
> out on some vids as I've never had a Sim in that particular situation!

Lets see: First kiss, first woohoo with each Sim, first woohoo in the
hottub, grim reaper, wedding when you use the arch, engagement, public
woohoo the first time with each Sim. There might be more but that is all
that comes to mind atm.

Gareeth

> "Jaymee" <jaymee@redknapp.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> Can anyone provide me with a list of cut scenes? I'm sure I'm missing
>> out on some vids as I've never had a Sim in that particular situation!
>>
> Lets see: First kiss, first woohoo with each Sim, first woohoo in the
> hottub, grim reaper, wedding when you use the arch, engagement, public
> woohoo the first time with each Sim. There might be more but that is all
> that comes to mind atm.

I've never seen a public woohoo cutscene, but I manage to get all the
others. Are you sure that there's one for that, or is there something I've
been doing wrong? I also haven't seen a grim reaper cutscene even though a
couple sims have died on me. I haven't adjusted my settings in that respect
at all and yet I've gotten all the cutscenes I mentioned in the other
thread. (And the engagement cutscene, which I had forgotten about)

There are also alien abduction cutscenes, two of them, one for when the sim
is abducted and one for when the sim is returned. There's a cutscene when a
sim gives birth, which is different from the cutscene for when a sim gives
birth to an alien baby. There's also a cutscene for age transitions when a
birthday party's been thrown, similar in that sense to the wedding cutscene
only occurring when an arch is used. Each age has a slightly different
cutscene for transitions.

"Charles Whitney" <cbillingsw@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I've never seen a public woohoo cutscene, but I manage to get all the
> others. Are you sure that there's one for that, or is there something
> I've been doing wrong?

Hmm now that I think of it I might be wrong.

I also haven't seen a grim reaper cutscene even though a
> couple sims have died on me. I haven't adjusted my settings in that
> respect at all and yet I've gotten all the cutscenes I mentioned in the
> other thread. (And the engagement cutscene, which I had forgotten about)

Yep wrong on that one too. It isn't really a cutscene. I must have answered
before my brain was fully awake.

> There are also alien abduction cutscenes, two of them, one for when the
> sim is abducted and one for when the sim is returned. There's a cutscene
> when a sim gives birth, which is different from the cutscene for when a
> sim gives birth to an alien baby. There's also a cutscene for age
> transitions when a birthday party's been thrown, similar in that sense to
> the wedding cutscene only occurring when an arch is used. Each age has a
> slightly different cutscene for transitions.

See I knew I missed some but to make up for it it seems like I invented some
as well. Bad me.

Gareeth

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:46:20 -0800, "Gareeth"
<Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Lets see: First kiss, first woohoo with each Sim, first woohoo in the
>hottub, grim reaper, wedding when you use the arch, engagement, public

Hmm? I've never had a cutscene with the grim reaper!

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:02:23 -0800, "Gareeth"
<Gareethnews@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Yep wrong on that one too. It isn't really a cutscene. I must have answered
>before my brain was fully awake.

Ah, never mind then... should've read all the posts :)

>Hmm? I've never had a cutscene with the grim reaper!

There's no cut scene for the grim reaper and first public woohoo. The
Sims do go through a standard set of actions but no real cut scene.

There is a public woohoo scene - or at least it's the one with the hot tub
which also gets used with the hot tub at home (if your sim has one). I
don't think there's one with the changing booth. Oh and I ALWAYS get the
woohoo scenes, every time, not just the first time with a new partner. It's
to do with your graphics card and memory I think and also the setting you
chose.

Oh, someone mentioned weddings - there are two versions of that cut scene,
aren't there, successful and not?

Best wishes
Maxon

"BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
> >Hmm? I've never had a cutscene with the grim reaper!
>
> There's no cut scene for the grim reaper and first public woohoo. The
> Sims do go through a standard set of actions but no real cut scene.

Dumb question, but if you put a hot tub on a commercial lot, does it qualify
for public woohoo or does just the changing booth?
"Maxon" <jen.magson@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> There is a public woohoo scene - or at least it's the one with the hot tub
> which also gets used with the hot tub at home (if your sim has one). I
> don't think there's one with the changing booth. Oh and I ALWAYS get the
> woohoo scenes, every time, not just the first time with a new partner.
> It's
> to do with your graphics card and memory I think and also the setting you
> chose.
>
> Oh, someone mentioned weddings - there are two versions of that cut scene,
> aren't there, successful and not?
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>

> "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
>> >Hmm? I've never had a cutscene with the grim reaper!
>>
>> There's no cut scene for the grim reaper and first public woohoo. The
>> Sims do go through a standard set of actions but no real cut scene.

No definitely counts for public woohoo - it's satisfied the public woohoo
needs of my sims many times. I thought there were three ways to public
woohoo but I can't think what the third might be, so maybe I'm making that
up.

Best wishes
Maxon

BombayMix wrote:
>>Hmm? I've never had a cutscene with the grim reaper!
>

> There's no cut scene for the grim reaper

What is the thing with the hula girl and the dancing with the grim
reaper? I saw that for the first time when my Mortimer Goth Sim died
and I thought "WTF?" :)

--
--Cuth

Maxon wrote:

> Oh, someone mentioned weddings - there are two versions of that cut scene,
> aren't there, successful and not?

Yup, same with engagements.

Poor Cassandra Goth saw her share of unsuccessful ones before she
finally got hitched.

--
--Cuth

> BombayMix wrote:
>>>Hmm? I've never had a cutscene with the grim reaper!
>>

>> There's no cut scene for the grim reaper
>
> What is the thing with the hula girl and the dancing with the grim reaper?
> I saw that for the first time when my Mortimer Goth Sim died and I thought
> "WTF?" :)
>
> --
It means you sent your little Sim off happy, smiling, and with a glass in
his hand. 8)

Why the good people in Maxi chose hula dancrs to represent... well, what
lies ahead, if we are all good and eat our crusts, I dread to think. I hope
they were sniggering as they programmed it all in.

Granny.

Granny Crabapple wrote:

> It means you sent your little Sim off happy, smiling, and with a glass in
> his hand. 8)
>
> Why the good people in Maxi chose hula dancrs to represent... well, what
> lies ahead, if we are all good and eat our crusts, I dread to think. I hope
> they were sniggering as they programmed it all in.

So Mortimer died happy? I don't wonder, bouncing on the mattress every
day with Dina Goth...

--
--Cuth

> Granny Crabapple wrote:
>
>> It means you sent your little Sim off happy, smiling, and with a glass in
>> his hand. 8)
>>
>> Why the good people in Maxi chose hula dancrs to represent... well, what
>> lies ahead, if we are all good and eat our crusts, I dread to think. I
>> hope they were sniggering as they programmed it all in.
>
> So Mortimer died happy? I don't wonder, bouncing on the mattress every
> day with Dina Goth...

Giggle. Ier... have been working on that as a good way for Mephistopheles
Jones to ensure a promised 'happy dispatch'

Can't get them to die on the job, though, yet. Give me time....

Granny.