How do I get WMP for Pocket PC 2000

August 23, 2004 3:14:30 PM

I got a Compaq iPAQ H3650 with Pocket PC 3.0 (2000), and
I would like to install Windows Media Player, or some
other free mp3 player. I have downloaded WMP 7.1 for
Pocket PC, but it says my device is unsupported, and it
won't install. Where can I get a version of WMP that I
can use?

More about : wmp pocket 2000

Anonymous
August 24, 2004 3:25:15 AM

If you just want mp3 support why not consider an mp3player? WINAMPAQ for
example?

Try looking at the newsgroup archives (links for mp3 players have been
posted many times), or a search engine.

Good luck

"Gabe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I got a Compaq iPAQ H3650 with Pocket PC 3.0 (2000), and
> I would like to install Windows Media Player, or some
> other free mp3 player. I have downloaded WMP 7.1 for
> Pocket PC, but it says my device is unsupported, and it
> won't install. Where can I get a version of WMP that I
> can use?
Anonymous
August 30, 2004 1:39:19 PM

Welcome to MicroShaft. I'm trying to download Windows
Media Player for my two Pocket PC 2002 PDA's. And that's
when I found out I should have stuck with Palm. Not one
site on Microsoft.com links to a download for Pocket PC
media players.
August 30, 2004 10:32:30 PM

"Kam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Welcome to MicroShaft. I'm trying to download Windows
> Media Player for my two Pocket PC 2002 PDA's. And that's
> when I found out I should have stuck with Palm. Not one
> site on Microsoft.com links to a download for Pocket PC
> media players.

You're allowed to be intransigent, and to have your own opinion.
Buying a Palm seems the right thing to do for you if that will make you
happy.
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 1:58:02 AM

Yes, the player download got pulled some weeks ago. I've not been able
to get a conclusive answer why it was removed or when we can expect it
to come back.

Cheers - Neil

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:39:19 -0700, "Kam"

!