Sign in with
Your question

SEAGATE SD 15 NEW episode of ineficiency

August 13, 2010 10:10:40 PM

This is the last evolution for a story that has almost 2 months (can you believe that!) and as I said before my HDD wrecked because the firmware was incorrect, then I send my HDD to SEAGATE in Holland, then after a very slow service of warranty they sent me the HDD, I recovered my data but the disk it's nearly dead. So why SEAGATE didn´t send me a brand new disk when retrieved the old disk, from which I could restore the data but it was totally nonoperational, to copy to a sdhc card took me many hours. The HDD it was dead for normal operations. why SEAGATE force me to pay another delivery from Portugal to Holland headquarters in Europe?
I'm Trying to have some answers from SEAGATE by RMA's(validated comunications) when I open the process someone closes the same at SEAGATE. Like mikey mousing stuff...

Hello,

As I writhed earlier(Last RMA) the disk it's already sent to SEAGATE for replacement because it´s totally nonoperational after the SD 15 firmware update.

I wonder why didn´t SEAGATE send me a new disc when sent my data back. So SEAGATE knew the disk although its working it's far from good to work. I payed a new postal expense to SEAGATE, and you could solve (all) the problem in the last warranty execution (firmare update for data recovery and a brand new HDD) it´s too much efficiency for SEAGATE???

Best regards,

Bernardo

Hello,

The best news are the data of my disc was intact, good work Seagate!
The bad news are the disc its completely unoperacional does lots of noise and stops lots of times, its totally impossible to work with it.
I will send you the disc for replacing for a new one on behalf the warranty contract.
Best regards,

Bernardo
!