8rda3i without driver for the lan onboard

aurelsandu

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
I have a 8rda3i motherboard on my PC
On this PC I installed Windows XP . I have no lan . I found http://www.epox.com/article.asp?ID=1062 link for downloading the drivers (I think this article will give the right answer). But how I can get a password for the anonymous user? Sorry for this silly question but I cannot login to the epox site to download the driver for the lan.
TIA,
Aurel

Epox is out of business and no longer has a MB support site w/downloads for your product. Try downloading drivers from the hardware Mfg.'s sites (who makes the LAN on your board?). Chipset downloads available from Nvidia.com and Intel website.

What chipset do you have? What are the MB specs?

If you have the system drivers installed, the LAN will have to be enabled in BIOS in order to show up in Device manager. EPOx went out of business years ago and shut down the website. If someone opened it up again well that may be so.

aurelsandu

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
Yes they do have support for your motherboard. You just have to register.

Hello ,
Yes, my problem is to register on site . I can not get serial number to register my motherboard , 8IRDA3I .
If someone can do that and get the driver , I will gracefull thank him . my email is aurel_sandu_2003@yahoo.com
Many thanks in advance,
Aurel

aurelsandu

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009

I have nVidia nForce2 Ultra 400 chipset
Many thanks,
Aurel

aurelsandu

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009

Hello badge,
I am at workplace now (the computer is at my home) . My network chip is on the board . The network worked before I made this new xp install . Do you think I must do BIOS settings (enable lan)? I will install the drivers that you indicated to me as soon as I get home.
Best regards,
Aurel

Well, I have an EPOX board running evey day. I seem to remember after installing the NF4 (mine is NF4, yours is NF2 the drivers I listed for you) chipset drivers from nvidia.com I had to go in BIOS and enable the LAN there. When you load up the NF2 chipset driver a choice of which drivers you want to install will appear. Go ahead and try and install the Ethernet driver as well as the other chipset drivers. After installation check in Device manager if the Ethernet chip shows up and is working. If not go in BIOS and enable it. If for some reason the NF2 chipset drivers do not work with your Ethernet chip, try locating the correct driver form the Ethernet Mfg. site. I think the NF2 Ethernet driver will work for you.

The drivers on the link I posted are an update from any driver Epox would have listed. Epox no longer exists. And yes I did look at the link. Downloads for my EPOX MB are not available and have not beem for years.

I really don't know about that HP link for the LAN driver. The link I gave you wil work as far as providing chipset drivers for your NF2 chipset.

Yeah, I have my socket 754 NF4 SLI running for many years. Rare socket 754 NF4 SLI. I had trouble with it recently. We use it in a lab setting. For probably three months I was getting system freeze and Blue Screen. I tried everything including reloading the OS. Thenjust as I was about to retire it, a Blue screen stop error code led me to a MS troubleshooting page. It was the fricking SATA cable! I swapped out the bad SATA cable and it's running in the next room and has been running all day perfectly since I swapped that SATA cable. Yeah, it's a rare board and runs crossfire with a 754 CPU.

aurelsandu

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009

I solved the problem last night . My pc is now LAN-enabled .
Thanks badge,
Aurel