ASUS mobo SB PWR Blinking

willy635

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Hi all,
I've built my system about 3 years ago using ASUS P5GPL mobo with 500W switching power unit. Recently the system tend to trun itself off (not BSD) everytime I connect the USB device. I had web cam, speakers, mic, printer all working before using UBS connections. The system was happy with printer, speakers connected but when I tried to connect the webcam, it shuts down. So I used the system without the cam for a while and everything was ok.

Yesterday, I truned off the system and checked all the connections and tired to turn the sytem on without any success. All I can see is SB_PWR led is blinking and nothing else happening.

I remember this happened a few months ago when I've turned the main power off and on - SB_PWR kept blinking. I left the sytem like that overnight and in the morning SB_PWR led was fully on (green light) - so the sytem started to boot up.

This time I left it overnight and led is still blinking. I've done a bit of reading on the net about this and it indicates 'over-loading' of stand-by pwr +5v circuit (???)

I've tried the system bootup by removing all USB devices and having power only the mobo. Still no luck.

Should I change the pwr supply ? Or should I take everything apart and put all together again?

Any thoughts?

Thanking you all.

Lavarin

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
Try taking everything apart and putting it back together again (make sure you're de-staticized while doing this). Reset your CMOS, and see if your problem continues. If it does, time to get a new PSU!