Hard Drive Management

I'm puzzled as to why every program I install, automatically goes to my C drive, even when I direct it to the D drive. This game - Bioshock - that installed didn't even give me the option to put it in my D drive. I installed anyway and tried to move it from the C drive to the D drive. The game didn't open, saying " can't find target". Is there a way to put all the programs I install on my D drive only. Space is limited on my system drive. That leads me to another issue. I'm going to move my page file that's taking up 6g on my C drive, to another drive. The drive i'm moving it to only has Windows on it. When I installed the drive, ALL the programs I have on my C drive and my D drive magically appears in this new drive I installed. Just to see what would happen, I uninstalled one of those programs and it took it off my other drives as well, which is not what I wanted to do. It would make me very happy to just have Windows and a couple of other programs on the C drive. Movies, games, music ect. on the Storage/D drive. My page file on the E drive. Is this possible and how? Please keep in mind i'm a novice, so dumb it down if you would. Thank You
2 answers Last reply
More about hard drive management
  1. did you choose express or standard install when installing bioshock? you have to choose custom and then direct the game to the new drive

you cant just move a program from one drive to another without reinstalling usually
  2. I over looked the custom install on the game. I reinstalled on my D drive and it seems to have worked out the way I want. The game still shows up on my other drives though. As for the rest of my situation, not possible or no one knows how??
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Management Storage