Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Sapphire
  • HD
  • ATI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 3, 2009 5:32:07 AM

I recently bought a ati radeon sapphire 3850 hd (agp) card now i know i installed it right and connected the wires where they need to be but everytime i plug the DVI-I cable in when i start the computer up i don't get anything (black screen) but i hear it running and the computer lights r on and the card's fan is working properly. If you have a solution to my problem please e-mail me XxMurdokxX@yahoo.com

thanks and i appreciate it ^^

More about : blank screen ati radeon sapphire 3850 agp card

March 3, 2009 7:41:30 AM

Did the monitor worke before you bought the card? If yes then its the graphics cards problem or it might be the DVI cables problem too...
m
l
March 3, 2009 12:54:29 PM

abhijith said:
Did the monitor worke before you bought the card? If yes then its the graphics cards problem or it might be the DVI cables problem too...

Yes. Here's the thing, I had to use the DVI-I adapter that came with it in order to at least plug it in, but cause it didn't have just a regular VGA cable like the one card I have in now (NVIDIA GE-FORCE 7300 GT) The funny thing is that, when i reinstalled the GT I used the adapter from the Sapphire and used it to plug it in (GT had a VGA and DVI-I port) and didn't have any trouble starting up or anything. So I guess i might have a defective card.
m
l
!