Blank screen with ati radeon sapphire 3850 hd (agp) card

I recently bought a ati radeon sapphire 3850 hd (agp) card now i know i installed it right and connected the wires where they need to be but everytime i plug the DVI-I cable in when i start the computer up i don't get anything (black screen) but i hear it running and the computer lights r on and the card's fan is working properly. If you have a solution to my problem please e-mail me XxMurdokxX@yahoo.com

thanks and i appreciate it ^^
2 answers Last reply
More about blank screen radeon sapphire 3850 card
  1. Did the monitor worke before you bought the card? If yes then its the graphics cards problem or it might be the DVI cables problem too...
  2. abhijith said:
    Did the monitor worke before you bought the card? If yes then its the graphics cards problem or it might be the DVI cables problem too...

Yes. Here's the thing, I had to use the DVI-I adapter that came with it in order to at least plug it in, but cause it didn't have just a regular VGA cable like the one card I have in now (NVIDIA GE-FORCE 7300 GT) The funny thing is that, when i reinstalled the GT I used the adapter from the Sapphire and used it to plug it in (GT had a VGA and DVI-I port) and didn't have any trouble starting up or anything. So I guess i might have a defective card.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Sapphire HD ATI Graphics