Logon Problem - New XP Pro SP3

Bigshot

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Hi

I am new to the forum. I have just completed my first PC Homebuild. These are the component parts:

Gigabyte GA-EG43M- S2H Mobo - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 LGA 775 - 4 Gb Corsair DDR2 667 Mhz - Sata 2 500 Gb HD - Samsung internal DVD RW.

All parts are brand new never been used before or installed anywhere, all seem to work ok.

I bought a sealed new copy of XP Pro SP3 which had never been installed before. All went well till I reached the last stage of the installation when much to my surprise the system demanded an Administrator Password ?

Clearly, I have not created any passwords at all. Windows simply will not start. I receive the following error message every time

"The system cannot log you on due to the following error:
The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

Please try again or consult your system administrator.

I have even tried the Shift+F10 during the 'device install' part of the Windowd installation programme, to change /remove any paswords - this had no effect. I have tried 'Enter' with a blank password box, no effect whatsoever. It just refuses to start Windows XP.

Any help or advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

ps I have seen on the web that other appear to have had similar problems but no ready or obvious solution.

At the bottom of the Logon window, do you see the OK, Cancel and Options >> buttons? If so, then click the Options >> button and select the local system in the drop down "Log on to" list if it isn't already selected.