tomtomelmo

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX 128M ATX AMD Motherboard Have liquid cooling on it but still get heat issues wven with the liquid cooling and both fans on high. running ATI 4850 x 2 video cards with WOW on medium res. setting still gets hot. Its in an alienware case. Anyone know a good fan to add to this system. By the way it is also over clocked to 4.0

tomtomelmo

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
Sorry temps are being read on the on board temp monitors. The main cpu monitor is connected directly to the cooling block from the liquid cooling. The liquid cooling and the monitor read the same about 36 C. I noticed a slight glitch in frame rates and then had a blue screen. Checked all the set ups and hardware connections and found the heat sinks were much hotter than the monitors read. Did not use a heat gun but if I were to guess I would say some were near 90 C. I want to add a fan to exhaust more heat from the case but not really sure where or how to mount it.

Also when I moved the temp monitor to the heat sink to get a reading the alarm sounded so I turned the comp back off. Running in windows it has no issues only when I am on WOW does it tend to heat up.